Things are moving so quickly! The doctor said A is nearly 4 cm already, but she's not effaced, so he didn't admit her. She asked us if we could come out earlier. She really wants to meet and spend time with us, which I love. She is getting really emotional, and she said she wants to know we're there to parent the baby whenever she gets here. I had no idea this would be this heart-wrenching. It's horribly sad. A is a great girl. She's smart and funny and warm. She's been through hell, and I won't go into that on here, but she doesn't want to parent this baby because of it. She's not a terrible mom. She's not a drug addict. She isn't homeless or without family. I kind of want to adopt her, too.
So, now we're flying out early Thurs. morning. I'm so overwhelmed you guys. I'm rushing around trying to get packed, folding little tiny clothes while trying not to get any emotional attachment to them (ha...as if that is possible). We finally got in touch with a lawyer to set up finalization because our agency needs his name. We bought plane tickets, reserved a hotel, booked a rental car...we're good to go. Today is my last day of work. It's so odd. I didn't think I'd be as sad as I am. I'm pretty much an emotional disaster right now. I'll post more later:)
**Update: Oh, silly Jess, of course I am taking my computer. How would I function without being able to blog? :) My husband may leave me when I pull out the laptop at the hospital, though. :)***
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
4 cm! **With an update for Jess** :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!
It's good that you're going to be able to go out on Thursday.
I'll keep praying for all of you!!
Are you going to take the computer and update there?
This is one hell of a ride, sweetie, so strap on your seatbelt! :)
You are in for a lot of emotion. You want to adopt A too? So did I. As a matter of fact, Cason's birthmom is like my 19 year old daughter. A needs you. And it only gets better from here.
Take lots of kleenex. Lots. You are already experiencing a lot - matching, delivery soon, packing, & the loss of your "old" job. You have a new job. :)
Hang in there. This is going to be the most incredible experience of your life. Be ready to love, not only the baby, but A too, like you've never loved in your life.
I am glad you will get to travel out early to meet "A."
Please bring the computer with you!
So happy for you!
Wow - this is all such a whirlwind. I'm soo excited for you, Katd!! "A" sounds like a wonderful woman - takes one to know one, I guess ;) Keep us posted.
I almost jumped out of my skin when I read your post. I am so fricken excited for you!!!
Chills!! I have chills! This is so exciting, and so sad, and so wonderful, all at the same time. We will be thinking of you, and A, and your little one...
How exciting!
I'm glad you got all the travel details worked out. Have a safe trip, and know that many people are thinking of you!
I agree with Melissa, get ready for the ride of your life!
I wanted to adopt our birth family also.
Good luck and have a safe trip!
I feel like I'm reading a book...this is so exciting! Breathe and take it all in...we're rooting for you!!
I'm sure "Sweetness" is thrilled, but what does he say about this whirlwind?
One hell of a ride indeed... I agree 100% with Melissa here. A does need you, hon...
Oh, I am so excited and happy for you hon!!!!
So exciting. Prayers for all of you. YAY. Can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment