Monday, October 22, 2007

So I'm a big baby!

It has been the weekend from HELL!! I have been so freaked out by that stupid mouse. Just an update, it wasn't a baby mouse - it was full grown, but it just wasn't a rat. We were stupid and left our cat food in the bag under the sink and it got in through an old dryer vent. Nice. Anyway, we tried all weekend to be humane about possibly catching any others in the house. We bought a "Haveaheart" trap and put food on it. Yeah, it's little cronies took all the food from it and didn't set it off. SO, Terminix is coming out today. I feel a bit guilty about it, but at the same time, we have a six month old baby who is on the floor all the time. I don't want anything like that around her. What a mess!!

Thanks for all the support and those of you who said, Yep, we've been there. :) It made me feel so much better!

Lily has been in her crib playing a lot this weekend. Yes, I kept her off the floor. I'm super neurotic; I know. Anyway, I took the cutest set of pictures of her. I swear, she is starting to look like a little girl and not like a tiny baby anymore. It makes me sad, but also so proud! :)

Take a look; doesn't she look like she's thinking, "You've got to be kidding me, mom! Get over it!" :)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haveaheart trap? ROFL! You go girl! I wouldn't want little droppings around my Lily either. Did I just say "my" Lily? LOL! Oh good grief. :)

And since we're speaking Lily - loooooooooook out! Here comes the hair, I see! Adorable!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, she's just so, so cute! She has such huge brown eyes. (Her crib bedding is cute too!)

Good luck with Terminex today.

GLouise said...

Sweet picture of Miss Lily!

beagle said...

She's just a doll with that little bow!

Lani said...

LOVE the pictures!! She is getting so big, i love her curls!

OHN said...

With three boys I have to tell you that I am a tad jealous. I would love to get my hands on that beautiful hair! She is a doll :)

Barely Sane said...

Love that face! She is so adorable and getting so big!

Hope all the little mousies are gone soon. We had a similar issue at work and it was HORRIBLE!!

Anonymous said...

Can I mention that they overrun our basement and garage every winter? I totally gave up about three years ago. Now, we just lay out poison by the bar in areas unreachable by my furry friend and J, and call it good. Some battles just can't be won.