Lily woke up in the middle of the night SO miserable! She's got a stuffy head and a slight cough - we're seeing her pediatrician in an hour. Any advice on how to help her feel better? We're putting Vicks for babies on her chest and are considering getting one of those crib wedges to let her be a bit elevated. Any experience with those? I know she'll be fine and all that jazz, but it's the most difficult thing to see her so sad. I want my smiley girl back!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Aw. Cailyn has colds all the time because she sucks her thumb. (touching germy stuff - sticking it in her mouth). I use a humidifier, Vick's Vapor Plug Ins (love these) & typically Benedryl D. Lily may be too young for Benedryl. It's just horrible when they can't breathe! :( Get better soon Lily!
I agree, use the humidifier. Our dr also says to use saline nose drops in her nose and the bulb sucker to help clear her nose....Izzy hates this but it helps her. Izzy has had this monster cold for a week now. Maybe I will try the Vicks Vapor Plug in. I have never used an decongestants because our dr says not to.
Definitely a humidifier. A vicks one that you can put medicated stuff in.
I think Lilly is too young for cold and cough stuff, like Melissa was saying...my ped didn't want anything till age one.
We had a crib wedge, but once Ava was very old she rolled off it, even with the sleep blocks, her head would go sideways. But we had MUCH MUCH luck with sticking rolled up bath towels underneath the mattress at the head of the bed. Worked like a charm.
Saline nose drops, too, yes yes. And the bulb sucker. Though that was always pretty temporary for Ava. She also like that vapor bath at night...helped relax her, I think.
Get better soon, Lily!
I'll second (or is it fourth?) the previous posters - humidifier, crib wedge, Vicks and saline drops with the nasal aspirator. As well, I found out they make low-dose Otrivin sinus spray which is safe for infants (as per my Dr).
Hope she's feeling better soon.
We did the humidifier last night and it seemed to help. We also put a few books under one side of the mattress to help with drainage. I tell you what, I would so much rather it be me than her! It's the most helpless feeling wishing I could make her better!
Melissa, Lily's a thumb sucker, too:) She and Cailyn need to be pals! :)
Aww- I am dreading the first cold! Glad to hear she seems to be getting a little relief. Hugs to you, mama!
I hope the poor little thing is doing much better today.
Vapor bath helps too. Hope she's feeling better soon!
Post a Comment