(This is my 150th post - that's exciting! :)
So, our 5th wedding anniversary is this Oct. I know that is months and months away, but for me, part of the fun of travel is the planning. I love to go on trip advisor's website and read hotel reviews and check out travelers' photos. Here's where I'm stumped: Where in the world should we go? We honeymooned and have vacationed in Mexico and absolutely LOVED it and aren't necessarily opposed to going back. But, I'm not sure we can swing the cost. If we could find a great deal -maybe. Do you have a favorite vacation spot you can recommend? Somewhere relaxing where we can celebrate 5 years of wedded bliss :) I'm seriously open to ANYTHING: cities, beaches, international locales - anything. We can't spend a ridiculous amount of money or believe me, we'd be in Tahiti!!
So, suggest away!!! And if you have a blog with travel photos or a snapfish account or something with travel photos that you'd let me peek at, you'd be my best friend for life. :)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Calling All Travelers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I have lurked for a little while, I love your blog! Depending on where you live, my husband and I drove to South Dakota for our 5th anniversary last year. We stayed in a really nice (and not too expensive) bed and breakfast, and saw the sites. The pics from that trip are on my blog in September 2007. Can't wait to hear where you decide to go, I also love hearing about other people's trips!!
Well, I was going to adamantly TELL YOU that you MUST go to Kona, Hawaii...but that is definitely a buttload of money.
The bahamas is nice. And relatively cheap. It's not as swinging as Mexico (I've never been, so from what I can gather) but it's really nice.
Are you taking your babe? If you are, Destin, FL is a great family place.
Also a great place, imo (though word of caution: NOT A PARTY PLACE AT ALL) is Hilton Head Island. I love love love it. Very Old South, very relaxing and quiet, and there are some restaraunts TO DIE FOR there, too. If you like seafood, Hilton Head is like the ultimate (for me, at least).
I also like the Crystal Coast in NC. Atlantic Beach.
Uhm, as for non-beach vacas? I have nothing for you. :)
WAIT. I just typed in the code and realized I lied. I like Sieverville (Seiverville?) TN. It's near Gatlinburg but more wooded and country. There are awesome trails, and you can easily go into Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge if you want to do stuff there, too. And the Bullfish Grill is SOOO YUMMY.
I have a beach/food fetish. Sorry.
I can't wait to hear where you pick!!
Guatemala. Tikal or Anitgua. If you want to just relax Antigua. If you want to see some ruins and history Tikal. If you've seen the Star Wars movie with the ewoks you can see the tip of the Tikal ruins.
I'll do a special post for you tonight with some of my pictures.
Bermuda, Bermuda, Bermuda. LOVE IT. Beautiful beyond words, historic, fun. Go to http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=D376283 which is my main blog. Search back in my entries for summer 2006, which is when I went to Bermuda, there's also some summer 2007 Bermuda pics there.
I'm not sure I know where you live, but I'm thinking east coast. For cheap I'd say Florida, but no suggestion where exactly. I like the Keys, and all but Key West are reasonable. Even Key West is doable if you shop watch the eating out. Bahamas is a good deal. I also second Bermuda but I'd suggest all inclusive because it can get pricey to eat out there too.
Is this with baby?
I like Savannah GA for a low key relaxing place too.
Cape May NJ, very family friendly, usually still nice in Oct., if you do that one I'll come babysit Lily so you can have a night out!
I love vacations, we are trying to decide what to do for ours this summer.
In South Dakota, there is a good chance of experiencing a blizzard in October especially in the Black Hills which is what I assume the other Rachel is referring to. As long as the chance of getting snowed in doesn't bother you October is usually a beautiful time of year there.
We rented a car and drove down the coast of Florida last May, it was a blast. If you go, I'll tell you where we petted dolphins for free. You were supposed to pay but we didn't know that until after we had done it.
On our honeymoon we drove through Cape May, NJ on a whim. We found a very quiet and beautiful beach, and saw the lighthouse. It is very historic and I would love to go back again.
I haven't been to every state but in my experience you can find great and inexpensive things to do just about anywhere if you plan ahead.
Oh and if you are interested in Ireland, you should be able to get get good deals on flights in October. We went in December 2006 and the weather was rainy but decent. I'll e-mail you some pics if you want. rachel dot runner at gmail dot com
My number one pick is Costa Rica. We had a blast! We stayed in the Guanacaste region. We landed in Liberia. Ooooh, do I have stories from that trip. If you love nature. This is the place for you! There was amazing wildlife, awesome excursions in the jungle, and the people are so amazing.
http://www.govisitcostarica.com/region/guanacaste/guanacaste.asp
San Andres Island off the coast of Columbia. It's a very small and beautiful island that's not over crowded.
http://www.globosapiens.net/travel-information/San+Andres-1748.html
My husband loved Brazil. He asked me to throw that one in there!
Forgot to mention that there's plenty of all inclusive rsorts in Costa Rica. AI available in San Andres as well.
Hi!
Two of my favorite places were Rome, Italy and Valparaíso/Viña del Mar, Chile. :)
Cindy
We had a great time in Costa Rica last summer, but I'm not sure what it would be like in October, possibly rainy. One of our best vacations ever was a road trip to the Grand Canyon and then to Yosemite. If I had to pick one, I'd do Yosemite. If you like doing nature stuff, it is amazing, and so beautiful. Again I don't know what it would be like in October! Sorry, I'm really no help here.
We had a wonderfully relaxing vacation in Ixtapa, Mexico. We stayed at Las Brisas. It was beautiful, all the rooms have huge patios overlooking the ocean. Ours even had a hot tub and a hammock. I can't wait to get back. :)
well we've been to Mexico 4 times in our 4 years of marriage and it's never costed over $1600 (all inclusive too!) So I don't know what you're planning but I think that's pretty good!
I wouldn't go to Cancun, but I loved Ixtapa and Puerto vallarta
Maui was my altime favorite. So tranquil and relaxing...a must-see!
Post a Comment