Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First PT appt

It was a total joke.  I really am starting to wish I had gone with my gut and been firm that Lily is fine and she'll walk when she wants to.  Really, this service is for children with severe disabilities and I hate feeling like I'm wasting their time.  The social worker asked us tons of question like, "Can she sit by herself?" while watching her crawl and pull up and walk along the couch.  I know it's part of her job, but come on! :)  I think we're going to go ahead and have the physical therapist come out and look at her legs, but I know there's nothing wrong.  And today (because she wants to make her mommy look like a total nut case who panics about nothing), Lily took a step.  It wasn't walking by any means, but she put a foot out and put her weight on it.  She then collapsed and put a piece of lint from the floor into her mouth.  I'm so proud. :)

12 comments:

Another Day said...

I have to agree that Lily will walk when she's good and ready. You're a good mama and remember to always listen to that mom voice in your head called mom's intuition. You know your child.

:)

Jessica White said...

haha...they love putting things in their mouths and making mom and dad look like crazies!

Like another day said...you know Lily better than anyone else, even if they are doctors.

Jess said...

I'm sure Lily is fine! But getting things checked can't HURT if it makes YOU feel better. If not, tell them to take a hike!! :)

I love it when Ava makes me look stupid. That's my favorite!

She's also lint/whatever is on the floor obsessed as well!! Our girls could be best friends!

Gretchen said...

It won't hurt to check everything out and be sure. We use Early Intervention too. It's here for everyone so don't feel bad about using it. You want the best for her and that's all. She is so cute. Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

You will probably feel better when the PT people say she is just fine, so I don't think there is any harm in taking her.

Besides, maybe they will have some tips that will help her out.

She will walk when she is ready, but you will know you have done everything possible to make sure she is just fine.

Michelle said...

Probably she'll start walking before her next apt--it always works that way! (I always prefer to look crazy than have anything really wrong with the babies--my mom made me ask about anemia the other day...)

Deb said...

She's walking around the couch and took a step. It really doesn't sound like there is anything wrong. My niece didn't start taking steps on her own till she was almost 16 months old.
But I'd probably do what you're doing as well. Getting her checked out because the doctor is concerned.

Kir said...

she's going to be just fine. Lily is going to walk all on her own time. I agree that you know Lily better than anyone and in your heart (where she grew) you know that she is just fine. I mean she put the lint in her mouth didn't she???? (giggles)

Esther Noelle said...

Why they make mommies worry for no reason is beyond me! I'm sure Lily will bust out walking any time now! And at least she has lots of words - Robby still only says mama and dada... this weekend he said papa and he says the start of some words but nothing really full on... so she is way ahead of him there!

And ps, thanks for your comment on my nap post! it's just nice to know other people that have dealt with the same thing!

Melissa :) said...

ROFL! Follow your gut. At my age (41...yikes!) I'm still learning that my gut very, very seldom leads me wrong. Go Lil! :)

Rachel said...

Oh funny! I love babies :-)

LL said...

Mother's instincts are usually RIGHT ON!