Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Baby Clothes







I couldn't resist! I did some shopping at the Carter's outlet on the way back home from the holidays. I was a bit hesitant because our situation is tenuous at best, but everything I got is gender neutral, and I know we'll eventually be parents, so I went for it! It was all I could do not to go nuts! My husband's pick was the "metal" baby hand:)

A little update for you guys: still no doctor's appointment scheduled, but I've done a bunch of research on bmoms and what they go through. Many stop contacting the agency at the end of the pregnancy because it's part of their grieving process. I know this is quite a generalization, but it did make me feel a bit better. I have to keep reminding myself that whatever will be will be regardless of whether I worry or not. So, I'm trying to remain positive. According to babycenter.com, the baby 35 weeks and 1 day. It's hard not to get excited when I read that he/she is probably already around 5lbs. :) Hope all is well for you guys in blogger land.

7 comments:

laurie said...

Very cute baby clothes! I can't wait to get to buy all of that sweet little stuff! I will keep your situation and your birthmother in my prayers. Keep the updates coming :)

katd said...

Thanks so much! The prayers are much appreciated:)

Unknown said...

Such sweet picks! I can't wait to learn more.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

You know, my infertility therapist once asked why we hadn't purchased anything or done any of the exciting "getting ready" stuff. And I told her that I didn't want to have to deal with the tangible things if I had another loss. And she pointed out that even if I never had to take apart a baby's room, even if I never had to return furniture to a store, I would still mourn. It would still be awful. I would still cry. BUT if the kids arrived and there was nothing for them, I would be stressed. And I would feel like I missed out on that planning excitement.

It was interesting advice. I thought I'd pass it along.

And they're cute clothes. I could just eat them, they're so cute :-)

Confession: I bawl every year when they do that tribute on the award show. Even though I knew all those people were gone, I still get so sad watching all these happy pictures flashing across the screen and thinking about how they're not there anymore. Even though I know most of those bloggers are still alive, I miss their writing.

Kir said...

*first thanks for the post on my blog* and now I am off to read all about you.

I will keep you in my good thoughts and prayers, hoping your baby is coming to you very soon.

Lani said...

The clothes are so CUTE!!!!!! I am really hoping this match works out for you. It is so exciting! Only a few weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet little baby clothes! Yes, please update us! You might want to browse at this adorable boutique! Sandboxcouture.com!