Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am the champion of exercise

So, I've worked out two days in a row now...isn't that enough? :) It's funny how much better I feel after just two days. My muscles hurt like a beast, but it's that good kind of hurt that reminds me that I've done something good for myself. And really, it's helping so much with all this adoption stress.

We got an email from the agency we're using yesterday. Just when you think there's no more paperwork or forms to fill out, you get an email saying your paperwork is incomplete. I thought I'd rip my hair out. We have less than four weeks until A's due date, and we have a list of ten more forms, certificates, etc. to get organized. It's been said a million times, but any idiot can give birth to a child, but I feel like I've had to prove myself countless times to be a suitable parent. I know it's to prevent weirdos from adopting, but it gets frustrating having to answer for the millionth time what my parenting philosophy is and what I hope to most impart on my children.

The good news is, though, that with the request for more info came an update. A (our potential birth mom) has had a bit of medical care. She saw a doctor very early on in her pregnancy. She tested negative for all STDs and for all drugs. That's a relief to us since she tested positive for cocaine a few weeks ago. She says she has no idea how she tested positive. It seems like a good indication that maybe she only uses occasionally if she tested negative early on in the pregnancy. All I want is for her to call the agency and have ONE ultrasound. Should I worry that she hasn't had much medical care? Should I worry that we have so little knowledge of or contact with her? Our social worker put it best when she said that at the end of this is a child who needs a family. In less than four weeks, if she places, then none of this will matter. It won't matter that we don't get updates frequently. It won't matter that I've had to detail our infertility battles numerous times for numerous agencies. All that matters is that there may be a baby who needs a family. I hope we get to be that family!

3 comments:

Bobby and Ivy said...

Wow. How exciting. I hope that all works out for you! Can't wait to read all about your Mommyhood.

Unknown said...

Well, get busy! Get that paperwork in! I am so excited for you and I pray that you will be that family.

Kir said...

things are happening so quickly but I just know that your baby is on the way to you. The paperwork and stress will all be worth it.
I am thinking good thoughts for you.