Thursday, March 29, 2007

Greetings from Utah

Hi guys! :) We are here, and I just had to check in. My husband is ironing our clothes for tonight...most of them don't even need ironing, but it's crazy the pressure we feel to present ourselves well. She already likes us from our profile and our conversations, but I'm oh so afraid anyway.
Can I just say that Utah is absolutely stunning? We're in Salt Lake City and there are mountains everywhere you look. It's beautiful. Our social worker met us at the airport, and she was wonderful. We had a little talk about A and her situation. She's never once faltered at all about adoption. And our social worker said that she is out today buying a new outfit because she's so nervous to meet us and wants to look "cute." Isn't that precious?! It makes me feel strangely better that she wants to be with us and get to know us. It seems less likely to disrupt if she's comfortable with us and if she's really involved in the process, you know?
I'll be sure to let you all know how dinner goes. I can't thank you enough for the emails and comments of support. I get all teary eyed every time I read them. I love this community and I am so grateful to have all of you in my corner!

12 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

Good luck, just be yourselves and relax! I'm sure you will both do just fine!

Joshua and Becky Doney said...

YEAHHHHH Im soooo very excited for you! Whatever happend with the paper work Im sure it all got worked out if you are there...
We are praying for you and A and princess Cant wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight. I'm so excited for y'all!

Lani said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck tonight, it will go great, after you get past the first 5 minutes, it will just be natural

Jess said...

KAT!

KAT! I'm so excited. Really. It sounds so promising....

I can't wait! Good luck tonight!

Kathy said...

I envy you SO much! First, you're in Utah (my favorite place)...and Second, you're going to be a mommy SOON!! It's wonderful!!

Here's wishing you good luck, and wonderful memories from this trip/experience!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! Have fun tonight.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safe & sound. Can't wait to hear the details! That baby is going to be born any time now! Yippee! :)

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!! Good luck!!! Everything will go GREAT.
Trace

squarepeg said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

I've also been wanting to tell you THANK YOU! for sharing all of this with us. It's truly a priveledge to be part of this most important step in your life :)

Owl Gal Liz said...

Good luck tonight! I am sure you will be yourselves, and things will go wonderfully :)

Salt Lake City is beautiful, what a wonderful place to spend the time waiting for the ICPC stuff.

I can't wait to hear about it :)

GLouise said...

Ironing! wow! I am impressed!

Thinking of you and hoping everything goes great for you tonight. Don't forget to keep us posted!