Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dinner

It was amazing. I'm exhausted, so this will be short. I am so thankful I got to spend time with A, her boyfriend, and her two little ones. They are so precious, and I feel like it will be the most amazing gift to be able to share with this baby girl if she ends up with us. A seems so completely sure of her decision to place, but I know the hardest part is yet to come. But, she wants to hang out again tomorrow, and I'm so thrilled! We're all going to the park:)

I need some help from those of you who have given birth or who know lots about it. On Mon, she was already 4 cm and on Tues. she lost her mucus plug....doesn't that mean her labor should start any time?

I'll keep you posted!! I'm going to take some pictures of these beautiful mountains tomorrow. Just wait until you see them! :)

11 comments:

Barely Sane said...

I'm on cloud 9 for you guys. Getting a chance to meet you guys and hang out with each other is going to make it easier in the long run.

Given that she's lost the plug and 4cm along, she could go soon - yes. That is what makes this even more exciting!!

Anonymous said...

4cm is the beginning of "active labor" so I would think she is getting very close!

One of our bmoms lost her plug and I asked what that meant as far as timing...she had lost her plug within a week of her previous pregnancy but I was told that alone meant anywhere from "days" to "2-3 weeks"...but that coupled with 4cm dilation, I would bet she's getting very close!

Salt Lake City - it is so beautiful and you will have so many gorgeous memories of it now!

We're all with you in spirit!

Lani said...

Yipee!!!!! I am so happy for you! I hope things continue to go well. I run to my computer every chance I get to see if you have posted any updates

Owl Gal Liz said...

Awesome, that's so exciting. I'm glad the meeting went well.

It sounds like she could go any time now ;)

Serenity said...

SO exciting - yay!

I am thrilled that it went so well and YES she could go anytime soon!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad the "hard" part is over. What a relief, isn't it? I'm thrilled for you that things are going so well. Have a great day! :)

Jess said...

I would say that 4cm AND losing the mucous plug might mean a weekish? that's how it seems it's been for the cousins in my family.

It sounds like it could happen anytime! Oooooh! Exciting stuff!

Have fun at the park!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that everything is falling into place so nicely. Typical delivery occurs within 2 weeks of losing the plug; however like pp's have said, given the fact that she's 4cm and is actively progressing based on her change from her previous appointment until now, it could be fairly imminent. Keeping you in my dearest prayers as you approach the delivery - I know it will take all the strength that you have to make it through the range of emotions you will experience that day. Thank you again for including us on your journey - I feel so privileged to share these moments with you from afar...

Anonymous said...

Kat!! Holy cow, you're in Utah?! Probably bringing home a baby?!

I was away from blogging for a few days, and look what I missed!

Well, I'm very excited for you! You'll all be in my thoughts-- you, your husband, A, the baby, and her whole family. Best, best wishes to all of you.

Chelsi said...

Wow, katd!!! I am thrilled for you. Keep us posted!!

Trixie said...

What a relief! I am sooo glad that it went well and that you found some peace. Now if we could just get this birth out of the way so that you start the adventure of parenting! hahaha Here's hoping for the best.