This is not at all baby related:) Nothing is new on that front, except that our social worker told us that A was very comfortable with us after dinner. She also said that she's never once wavered in this process. I know the worst part for her is yet to come, but that is encouraging for us.
I have got to rave about this beautiful area of the country. Yesterday, we drove through the mountains and up to Park City where the winter Olympics were held. The bobsled track and the unreal ski jumps are still set up. The Olympic village where all the athletes stayed is still there, and it's amazing. The little village is something straight out of Europe. I really feel like I'm in a different country.
Here are a few pics from our trip so far:





6 comments:
I love the pics!
I know I've said this a million times, but I'm so EXCITED for you guys! It sounds like the social worker is very encouraging and that things couldn't be going better. I mean, with any domestic adoption, the hard part would be yet to come, so really....for now...things couldn't be going better!
It's amazing that you're out there and the baby will be here so soon. Maybe even right now! As I write this :-) I can't wait to hear about new motherhood, Katd.
Isn't it beautiful in Utah?!
If you guys get a chance, you should definitely stop by Temple Square. Also, if you feel up to driving about 45 minutes, you can go to a place called "Thanksgiving Point" in Lehi...it's just outside of Orem. I'm not sure what it's like right now, but they have BEAUTIFUL gardens to tour in the Spring/Summer. We always go there when we go to Utah. You can look it up on the internet.
Then there's Bridal Veil Falls, and Canyon Glen, up the Provo Canyon. Gorgeous! Canyon Glen is a park type setting, and it has a cool brook flowing through it.
Last but not least, there's Payson Canyon...in Payson. That's about 20-30 minutes from Orem/Provo.
I lived in Orem/Provo for a couple of years, and now we visit friends there too :)
Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear when the baby has arrived.
I told you it would be fun! Enjoy your time! Your stressful time, hahaha! The baby will be here soon.... :)
Any updates now that it is Sunday! I hope the baby will hurry up and arrive :-)
Glad it sounds like everything is going great!!!
Post a Comment