Monday, April 9, 2007

Our Easter Lily :)




Isn't she so beautiful? I keep forgetting to post her stats, and I keep getting questions about them:) She was 6 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long when she was born. She's doing SO well! She eats like a champ and sleeps really well. I have to ask those of you who have been through this stage of motherhood, how in the world did you deal with the umbilical cord? :) It scares me! I know all new moms get paranoid, and this is my paranoia. I worry so much about it, and I just want it to come off! :)


My mom flew back home today, which was really sad. It was so much fun sharing these first few days of Lily's life with her. We heard from the agency today, and we may get to home as early as tomorrow!!! It will probably be Wed, though, more realistically. I can't WAIT to start a normal life out of a hotel room! :)


I'm off to drink more coffee...a new mom's best friend!

14 comments:

Lani said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy you guys get to come home this week!!!! You will be so happy to get home!!!!

Congrats again!

Jess said...

She is SO precious, Kat. And what good news you have that you'll be able to go home this week!! :)

beagle said...

She's perfect!

Anonymous said...

She is precious!!! Her features just stand out so well! About the umbilical cord, just leave it be. Even alcohol is not recommended anymore as it doesn't help the cord fall off any quicker. Just let it dry out and it should be gone by the time she is 2 weeks old. I have to admit, it is pretty darned gross!!

I know what you mean about the hotel...It is so hard to care for a newborn in a hotel. We only spent one night in the hotel with the baby and we checked out on a friday night so we paid for a night that we didn't even sleep there but it was worth it to get the baby home. I am so happy for you :D

-Nia from the nest

Kathy said...

She's just gorgeous! That's great that you'll be going home this week!

I keep meaning to ask you if you would mind doing a little time line of your journey...from infertility to now.

Fran =) said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet!
I second the comment by 'ijusluvtheman', leave the cord alone.
We had to alcohol our angel's cord because it was a little red at her discharge from the hospital, it took almost 4 weeks to come off. The last 3 days it smelled really bad, just as a warning =)
Enjoy her!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Kris said...

She is absolutely lovely!

Anonymous said...

Annsley lost her cord at about 10 days so maybe you don't have much longer to wait :) Believe it or not, she will be 6 weeks on Wednesday...the time is just flying! Enjoy every minute with that precious Lily!!!
Laurie

Owl Gal Liz said...

so precious!! I love her pictures, and yay for the paperwork moving so quickly, I know it will be nice to get her home :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet! Are you still in la la land? That will last a long time. Hope you can come home soon! Haven't you been gone almost 2 weeks? Or have I lost count? Have a safe trip back! :)

Serenity said...

She's gorgeous.

I am SO SO SO thrilled for you, hon!!!

Kir said...

I love the pics, she is just beautiful and precious. :)

petunia said...

she is absoultely gorgeous! You must be SO happy....can you take your eyes off her?