Whew! Three posts in one day:) I don't want the yuckiness of the last post to be the last thing here. SO...in honor of changing the tone of today's blogging, I'm going to post ten things I love/am thankful for. And I want YOU to leave a comment where you do the same. Okay, you don't have to do ten, but leave something. This is very Pollyanna of me, but I am a fixer and a pleaser and I don't want to spend the rest of the night thinking my blog is negative! :)
Here it goes:
1. SPRING! I love the flowers blooming and all the green and new life.
2. Raspberry and chocolate swirl ice cream. Yes, it's a little bit of heaven. Yum.
3. All my blog pals. You guys have been so incredible! Lily has gotten well-wishes and cards and gifts send from my pals online. You have no idea what that means to us! It's amazing to have people reach out to you over so much distance.
4. Dancing with the Stars. This is my greatest weakness. I love it so much. It makes me think that I, too, will one day achieve ballroom dancing greatness. Don't ruin my dream whatever you do!
5. Mexico. I love the Mayan Riviera. We've been there three times and are totally in love with the area. It's gorgeous.
6. Lily's feet. They are the chubbiest, cutest things you've ever seen. Her toes look like tiny, perfect circles on top of little fat feet. I kiss them probably fifty times a day.
7. My husband plays the guitar. Lily and I like to listen to him.
8. My husband, in general. For Mother's Day, he had Lily's hand and (so chubby!) footprints pressed into pink clay and framed next to her newborn picture. We didn't get her hospital prints because they're idiots (not negativity!!!), and him doing this all on his own means the world to me. He also got me a gift certificate for a massage, and I can't WAIT to do that! I know how lucky I am to have him! I love him so much, but I also really like him! :)
9. My mom. She is the greatest role model. If I can be half the mom to Lily that she's been to me, I'll be a success.
10. Lily's birthmom. I will forever love her and be so thankful for the amazing gift she has given us. I'm sure it would've been easier for her to have an abortion, especially in the circumstances in which Lily was born, but she chose to give her life. And she chose us to be her parents. What a beautiful, awesome thing that I found my daughter across all the miles! It's truly a miracle.
Okay, your turn!! :) I'm excited to read what you post! :)
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Changing the tone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Things I'm thankful for:
1. Adoption bloggers who remember the bitterness of "the wait." (Thank you for remembering what it's REALLY like.)
2. My job. I truly love my job, I get to play every day.
3. My cat, who likes to snuggle up every morning and every night for special cuddle time.
4. My wonderful man, who knows when to move just a little to the right so I don't get all teary looking at a beautiful family that we still don't have.
5. My health, the health of the people I love.
Oooh, me too on #1!
2. Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Banana Split Ice Cream. The best!
3. Me too!
4. Ditto! I was pleased with tonight's elimination, and put my vote in Fatone to win.
5. Yes, it is beautiful, and have been there THREE times. (This is getting strange!)
6. Dang, I'm the one with chubby feet. So, I'll throw my vote in for red nail polish on my toes. Love it!
7. So does my hubby, and I agree.
8. I love my nightly foot rubs from my hubby.
9. Love my mom and family. They are the best!
10. I am beyond thankful for my friend K and her daughter, who brighten my day each and every day. I couldn't ask for a better neighbor.
Beautiful, Stacy. Thank you! If you get a second, I'd love to join your blog readers. I totally understand wanting to keep privacy, so if you post your email or anything here, I'll delete it as soon as I join. Thanks for the great post! :) I love my cats, too!
And thanks teamwinks:) I'm rooting for Fatone, too...although I struggle because I think Apolo is a great dancer and I think Laila has it the hardest being a woman...oh the drama of DWTS :)
Things I'm thankful for.... are way to numerous to list and for THAT I am thankful. And of course, for simple pleasures like choco ice cream covered in melted peanut butter. Yummmm
My blog is still public, but it's a "nightmare" story. Bad adoption agency. www.waitingidjb.blogspot.com I always worry about referring waiting parents to my blog because I've been so negative (in a nutshell, my agency took my money and ran), but I got good news last week that's making me feel a little better. Not better about the rotten agency, but better about myself.
Thanks again for sharing your story!
Great post!
I am thankful for my kittys.
I am also way thankful for chocolate...it's kept me sane the past few days.
Chocolate ice cream covered in melted peanut butter? Would it be okay to eat that right now? For breakfast? YUM!
1. My daughter
2. to be able to adopt a boy from a country that is in so much need.
3. my husband
4. my job eventhough its hard to go but Im blessed to have it.
5. My family(mom dad sister and brither)
6. friends true ones that is
7. A God of grace and love
8. hy house
9. our car
10.our health
Oh MY! I haven't gotten to read your blog in a few days and all HECK breaks loose:) Just for the record, I have NEVER once thought you sounded negative. I thought you sounded REAL which is why I love to read your blog! I feel like now you are going to feel the need to apologize every time you feel like posting something negative...PLEASE DON'T!!! Those of us who love reading your blog will love you even more for your honesty... enough said.
Things I'm thankful for:
1. All the wonderful people I have met during "the wait" that I never otherwise would have gotten the pleasure to know.
2. My three beautiful daughters who bring me more joy than you can imagine!
3. My awesome husband, for too many reasons to list.
4. Some of the most awesome friends a girl could have.
5. Vacations to the beach every year! Cancun is my favorite!
6. Our adopted daughter's birthmother and birthfather who made a selfless choice to make an adoption plan for her when they couldn't care for her themselves.
And I am thankful for so many more things... I could write a novel but I won't!
Laurie
1) My Lord and Savior. For teaching me patience and for answering my prayers.
2) My husband. For being the man that he is. His blue eyes, his cheeks and for believing that I can do no wrong.And for doing the housework.
3) monthly massages. This I never want to give up.
4) the adoption and POI( my health issue) message boards. The places that I am understood and don't feel so alone in my journey.
5) my mom. For her dignity and her strength.
6) I love my job but I LOVE the days off even more.
: )Lisa
Post a Comment