
I really didn't want to do a Mother's Day post. It's been the absolute worst day of the year for me until this year, and I feel like I need to be so careful about expressing too much happiness about being a mom on this blog. Isn't that strange? I know many of my blog pals are still "expectant" moms, and I would rather do anything in the world than make any of them feel bad. But, I had to post these pictures. We got Lily's first official smile on camera on Mother's Day. What a complete blessing. I feel like, if nothing else, I want this picture to reaffirm for anyone who is still in the wait, whether it's for a match or for another round of Clomid or your first cycle of IVF, that it is all so worth it. You will be a mom; you just may not know yet how it will happen. I know it's totally cliche, but two months ago I was in the worst emotional pain I've ever experienced. And now, only two months later, I look back and think, "Hmm...that wasn't so bad." :) Everything I went through was worth it to get her. Look at that face. She's our miracle.


8 comments:
oh it brings happy tears to my eyes. She is so beautiful. Happy 1st Mother's Day (even though it's belated) . Hope you are smiling too.
I love the smile, what a pretty girl!! I know exactly how you feel, and i echo your words to those still waiting for their 1st mothers day!
Izzy is sleeping pretty good, not through the night but she will give us one 6-7 hour strech, she goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 and wakes up normally around 3. And then again between 6 and 7. We still have the occasional night whens she wakes at 1 and then again at 4 and then again at 7 but they are getting fewer and a farther between. Hang in there, she will start sleeping more soon. I think Izzy started gong 4-5 hours and then now 6-8 so hang on Lily is getting closer
She is beautiful! You are so blessed, please don't ever forget that. It seems like sometimes we get so focused on the little things that we forget to look at the big picture, in this case, little Lily. So what if you were treated poorly at the hospital or a book isn't where you thought it should be at the book store? You have a daughter! And a beautiful, healthy one at that.
I will pray you let go of your bitterness and enjoy your lovely little lady.
Blessings!
She is absolutely goregeous!
And for what it's worth, I follow your blog and you NEVER sound bitter.
How sweet!
I do try to remind myself exactly that: it will be worth it all in the end.
:-)
I don't want to get in the middle of another of these blog wildfires, but I just had to say that I don't see you as bitter.
Everyone has their down moments and many bloggers use their blog as a safe place to vent that stuff, that does not mean they don't appreciate the good too . . . my impression is that you DO appreciate the good as well as still struggle with the bad. Isn't that just human?
But what do I know, I've been called bitter too! (Oh, and selfish, I've also been called selfish for wanting to adopt).
You just can't please everyone.
She is gorgeous.
Just beautiful.
I am so happy for you.
What a beautiful smile!!! and for Mother's Day, a wonderful gift.
Post a Comment