So today I'm living the American dream and having a yard sale:) It will continue into tomorrow, too; don't be jealous:) I joke about it, but in just four hours today, we made $150!! Isn't that exciting?
I have a question for you moms/aunts/sisters/babysitters...anyone who knows babies. Lily sleeps ALL the time! Is that normal? I have a book that says she should be sleeping only 15 hours, but she sleeps way more than that. She's awake to eat her bottles and then for probably 4 hours or so at the MOST during the day. My husband thinks it may be because she's on formula and rice cereal in the bottle because of a nasty case of acid reflux. He says her little system probably spends all it's energy in digestion:) What do you guys think? I'm kind of in the mindset that if she wants to sleep, she should. She sleeps pretty well at night, so it's not like she has her nights and days mixed up. Help a new mom out! :)
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Yard Sale and Sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Babies sleep an average of 15 hrs a day.... some sleep less (like mine), some sleep MORE, like Lily. They also do their growing during sleep (or so I was told but never bothered to verify).
I can tell you this - if Sweet Pea decides it's time to sleep, there's no stopping it. Her little body just shuts down and boom, she's counting sheep. So, if Lily wants to sleep, let her sleep. She'll start to be awake more soon enough. But, if you are really concerned, I'm sure your Ped wont mind a call.
Izzy slept a lot too when she was little (unless she was going through a growth spirt, then it was a battle) Normally when she was Lily's age she would be awake for her bottles and no more than an hour after she started eating she would be back asleep.
I wish she would go to sleep now, she is exhausted but protesting in her crib. I am letting her CIO a little
Sounds completely fine to me! If she's sleeping well at night - well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)
I think as long as she is sleeping at night and on a reasonable schedule, let her sleep.
It sounds fine to me,,but then again I am no expert! I am reading "The baby whisperer" right now, and she mentions that a baby's routine should be eat, activity, sleep, and then time for YOU! :-)
The "activity" time limit is different based on the age of the baby...Apparently the baby whisperer thinks you should engage in some small activity before putting the baby back to sleep, so that they don't associate food with sleeping. Who knows? I certainly don't! LOL.
She sounds like she is right on track for her age. When Jayden was that age he was also having rice cereal in his bottle for reflux and he slept alot. Most books say AT LEAST 15 hours, so it's okay if she sleeps more than the 15 hours. Love it now honey b/c pretty soon you will be wishing for those days again! LOL.
Is she on any medication for her reflux? Jayden started on Zantac at 3 weeks old. Does the rice cereal constipate her any? Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the reflux. I am dealing with Jayden's but I almost feel like the expert now!
Yep... babies need sleep. Some need more. Some need less. If she's earing and interactine when she is awake then there shouldn't be much to worry about. Except maybe she'll use up all her sleep points now and not have any left for the teenage years. Sigh...
my niece (who's 4 now) slept for the first 2 1/2 months of her life NO JOKE!!
My nephew (now 3) slept like two hours a day! I think all babies are different... but as long as your dr isn't concerned, I think you're okay :-)
I hope your yardsale went well :)
Sleep is good for her, she needs it now. Enjoy it while it lasts :)
I always let sleeping babies sleep :-) I wouldn't worry--most kids go through spurts where they want more sleep or less sleep. Until 6 weeks, our kids slept a lot. They were more away after that 6 week mark (and even more awake than that after the 12 week mark).
And that picture above is delicious. I still kiss their feet even though they stink from socks and running around. There's just something about little feet...
Post a Comment