:) Okay, today is the day for me. I am so tired of constantly not feeling good about the way I look. I don't think I'm severely overweight, but I'm sure not what I used to be. Forget that; I'm not what I want to be right now. Infertility (not that I want to use that as my crutch) took such a toll on my body and on my spirit. Having Lily now, I want to be the best I can be for her. I want to be healthy and know that I'm doing all I can to be in shape. Not that I'm giving up ice cream; I'm not a crazy person:) But, I do want to start exercising daily. And I want at least 75% of what goes into my body to be healthy. It's so tough living with a man who can eat whatever he wants and as much as he wants and not gain an ounce. Any tips? Taking walks with Lily is an easy way to get some exercise, but do any of you do anything you really love? I used to love the Tae bo tapes, but they are surely not for a beginner like I am now. Am I a total nerd if I buy the Dancing with the Stars workout tape? Don't make fun. :) Any tips would be great!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Oh boy, I have no suggestions, but I'll be reading up on what others recommend! I'm all about healthy eating though-I've noticed a huge difference when I eat raw, whole foods compared to processed junk. My energy is tops and I feel great. I promise it's good too! Google "raw whole food" if you're interested.
I'm definitely interested; googling as we speak:) Thanks!
we bought a treadmill and put it in our guest room, facing a tv hooked up to cable. I usually get on it around 4:00p.m. and watch Oprah, doing that, 45 min. goes by so fast. Sometimes I'll watch something I've dvr'd or read a trashy mag like People.
A friend of mine lost weight recently and I asked what she did. She swears by the Leslie Sansome DVDs. I have yet to try one but that is my idea for today!
:-)
I started South Beach last week. I've lost five pounds so far and it's not that bad. I had to skip the first phase but the second phase is working just fine for me.
I also like to do Windsor Pilates. It's only 20 minutes but it packs a wallop.
AND The Husband and I have been throwing the kids in the stroller after dinner for 2 mile walks. Easy easy.
Good luck.
You are not alone.
I can't say enough good things about yoga.
When I lost weight I did the sugar busters diet. It was easy for me, but if I was going to try to lose weight now I would do regular old weight watchers. Their recipes are pretty tasty and more whole foodish.
I didn't know they had that tape!!! I'm certainly going to go and get it.
I have been using a Jeep front pack and walking with Lucky. I can even walk on the treadmill (at an incline) and he snoozes away. As far as tapes go, good for beginners is Belly Butts and Thighs by Prevention. It is great at builing lean muscles (and a great workout!) Self Magazine also puts out Bikini Ready Fast (I think that's what it's called.) My mom loves it, and her abs kick butt as a result.
I know what you mean about infertility taking a toll on your body. I have had 2 m/c's, and I feel the worst I have felt in years! We are going to start TTC again in a couple of months, but I am adament on working out as much as possible, and eating better ... b/c I want to be healthy, and like you said .... the best for your baby! I just pray the 3rd time is a charm for us!
As far as working out goes ... I think if you can't get a gym membership - I LOVE the treadmill idea in your home!!!
I'm another treadmill in the home (though we aren't parents yet)... totally worth it if you can swing it. If you can have it be in a different part of the house than the nursery, even better- you can walk while the little one naps.
I hear ya! I have not been able to lose weight since those darn shots! I am trying now, again. I have to. My blood sugar levels are NOT GOOD. Sooo we're walking 35 - 40 minutes as often as possible and I am watching what I eat. Not a serious diet, yet - I'd fall off too quickly of I tried to change too much. But, limiting sweets and carbs really helps. Do you have an IPOD or MP3 players? That helps pass the time when you walk outdoors. Oh, and drink plenty of WATER!! Very important. I am prepared for when we get our call, too - just bought a real nice jogging [ walking ;-) ] stroller.
Good Luck! Pep
Post a Comment