I have a hidden bad mommy secret. I didn't want to start Lily on solid foods at all, and I have been very lazy about trying to get her to eat them. We tried a few times with no luck at all - she just had zero interest in it. She turned her nose right up at it. BUT, today it was just like something clicked. I made a tablespoon of rice cereal (a bit thicker than the previous times, which I'm sure helped), and she ate the entire thing. I really think like so many things in life, she just had to be ready for it. It was the greatest, and I had so much fun with it. Here are a few of the obligatory food pics; now that I look at them closely, she looks a bit frightened. :)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Solid Foods - finally SUCCESS:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Hey Katd! What great pics! The look on Lily's face! I think she was confused that the food was solid...not what she expected! Now you just need to get some of those typical pics of carrots, sweet potatos, cake etc smooshed all over that sweet little face!
She looks pretty skeptical about the whole solid food thing!
Your highchair is really cool.
And Lily is adorable, as always!
LMAO...that's totally the look Ava gives.
Well, you know, when she's not SCREAMING.
She hates solids. HATES. :)
Cute cute cute pictures!! She is such a doll.
Now the fun begins. You can try all kinds of fun stuff and watch her make cute little faces. This was my favorite stage.
Jess, I'm glad to know we're not alone in the solid food battle:)
I know what you mean about wanting to wait - I ended up starting our boy on cereal about a month before I really wanted to - I caved to hubby and MIL.
Next time, I'll definitely wait until at least 6 months of age, unless there's a reason we feel we need to start sooner!
Seems like forever ago, and BOY WAS IT NICE, when we only had to tote bottles around with us or needed to mix up a quick one for a meal.....
Post a Comment