NO, not me! :) We are getting ready to travel to one of my husband's best friend's wedding. Miss Lily is staying home with her grandma. It's not the first weekend we've been away from her, but it's the first in quite some time, and I am SO READY! :) It's funny how things like taking a long bath, painting your toe nails, and sleeping until you wake up rather than being woken up by a 9 month old alarm clock seem like a luxury!
I have one tiny issue that's eating at me, so I'm going to write about it here and hopefully expel it from my thoughts. My sister-in-law is trying to get pregnant. It's awful, but hearing that made the green monster rear it's ugly head. Then, she told me how it's already been two months, and so she went out and bought a month's supply of ovulation predictors. And should they be more careful about when they're "together" and should she do things like prop her hips up. I wanted to SCREAM. I hate all of that stuff; I hate it. Heaven help me, it was all I could do to maintain. TWO MONTHS!! Come on! But, I was so proud - I told her how I know it becomes all consuming and that each month feels like an eternity. I denied the part of me that really wanted to grab all those OPKs and stomp on them. Or grab her prescription pre-natal vitamins and flush them all down the toilet.
Happy Friday, blog pals! Hope you have a great weekend. And if you want to flush some pre-natals or stomp on some ovulation predictors, I'm with ya. :)
Friday, January 18, 2008
Goin' to the Chapel
Posted by
katd
at
9:08 AM
Labels: infertility, life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
"Or grab her prescription pre-natal vitamins and flush them all down the toilet."
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm laughing.
Evilly.
Enjoy the extra sleep!
Chuckling about the vitamins, too!
If they turn up missing, we'll know who to call!! LOL.
Oohh...extra sleep! I've found that it's both relaxing and a bit anxiety-producing to leave the baby overnight. We've done it a few times, and I sleep SO WELL, but I always feel the urge to call and check up on her.
I need some extra sleep right about now!
I think it's also frustrating that people don't realize that adoption doesn't cure your infertility pain. I was discussing trying to find a new OB/GYN with my mom (after being with an RE for so long) and that I wanted to go someplace that wasn't plastered with pregnant women everywhere. She said, does that really still bother you? Uh...yeah.
It just sucks that it never really totally goes away. I like the green monster metaphor because it's true. It's the thing that lives under the bed and you don't think too much about it and then something happens and there it is again. Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Have a great time!
I'm proud of you for resisting that urge! If someone complained to me it had already been two months, I don't think I would be so strong!
Stomping on OPK's sounds lovely. I have to hand it to you, you're a better woman than I am.
Of course, I say that, but I always zip it, too. But I'm never really NICE. Two months? E-GAD!
I live in constant fear (not really an exaggeration, sadly) that people around me are going to announce an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy. Friends, family. I don't want to hear it.
Some things, they change you. For better and for worse.
Enjoy your weekend!!!
Have a great weekend! Grandmas are awesome, aren't they? It's so nice to leave your kids with someone you completely trust.
I admire your composure and restraint with sister-in-law. Not only were you not mean, you were kind and empathetic! Well done!
Oh I so know how you feel...until you live it, you just don't get it-at all. Lately I've been hit with several unintended pregnancy announcements,and really, it does just suck.
Enjoy your weekend away!
2 months and she's already having a jammer about it??? Good grief - even I was calm and didn't start temping unti 8 mos into our little endevour to procreate.
Good grief!
I usually tell people who ask me about fertility stuff that basically, it's either going to happen or it's not and that all the "tricks" in the book are not really going to change the outcome - they simply make you feel like you may have some control.... which you don't.
How's that for a snide IF-vet comment! LOL.
PS: enjoy your sleep!!!
Post a Comment