I joined a gym this week!! Well, our Jewish Community Center, actually. But there is an awesome gym there, plus mommy and me classes for Miss Lil and me, an indoor pool, tons of art, theatre, dance classes, etc. The Center is right down the street from us, and I'm very embarassed to say this, but I thought we couldn't join because we're not Jewish. But, it's not that way at all! :) It is so family oriented - a really warm, awesome place. We've been wanting to join for quite some time, but it was tough for us to justify spending the money on it right now - even though it's not super expensive. Staying home was a real adjustment for us financially, but because I am at home so much with Lily, in the end I felt like it was something really important for me to do. It's crucial, I think, for moms to take good care of themselves. It's so easy to give your kids 1,000,000% of what you have because you love them so much, but it's very easy to get burned out and tired and in turn (for me anyway) eat foods that are very bad for you. Now, I'm not saying I'm giving up chocolate. Let's not be crazy!! :) But, I've worked out three times this week, which is three times more than I did last week, so I'm feeling good. PLUS, the childcare there is fantastic and very cheap (only $4 an hour!), so Lily can make some new little friends. She doesn't get any time really with kids other than the nursery at church, but she LOVES little ones, so I know she'll have a great time.
Plus (and I won't lie - this was a huge bonus for me) the Center has THREE outdoor pools for the summer. I can just see myself this summer with my new hot body in a teeny tiny bikini (let me dream, okay! In my dream, I have the body of Heidi Klum, okay?) next to the pool. Okay, reality is I'll be in my very modest tankini playing with a chubby little girl in floaties:) But, I can't wait.
So, my question today is: What do you do that is nice for yourself? Whether you're a new mom or have older kids or are expecting a baby or are dealing with infertility or whatever - we all need to give ourselves little pampering moments - so what do you do? :)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
I'm a new woman!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Congrats on joining and going to the gym!
If I am in the mood for pampering, I like to hit the spa, but since that can be a bit pricey, my more common pick me up is buying make up.
I try to treat myself to a massage every 6 weeks.
Congrats on the gym!
Congrats on finding such a good gym!! That's exciting!
Let's see. What do I do nice for myelf.... I sleep. Yes, yes, I sleep. lol!!
No, I do always keep Godiva chocolates on hand. I don't eat many or eat them often, but I like to have them...when I NEED them haha
And I also ALWAYS have my fingernails and toenails done. I do them myself, and sometimes if we're not going anywhere, the nails are clear, but I always have them done.
I go to yoga twice a week if possible.
Guess what. My daughter brought home a booklet from kindergarten today to study the short I sound. It's called "Sit, Lil."
Your post reminded me of it :-)
Lori, "Sit, Lil," - that is too cute.
Godiva chocolates....I may have to start that, too! :)
Dont be embarassed about not knowing the info on JCC...I wanted to join ours here but I thought the same thing...until I called to inquire!
Congrats on joining the Community center, it sounds like it will be a positive (and very affordable) oppourtunity for you and Miss Lil to make new friends and make great memories.
We have a Jewish nursery school in our city, that has become very popular in the last few years. I was under the same impression, as you and others and was pleasantly surprised to find out that you didn't have to be Jewish to enroll your children. Very cool.
Hmmmmm, I have to say that I treat myself to a manicure every other Friday (I work a 9/80 schedule and have every other Friday off) off. The place where I get my nails done has a very liberal visiting policy and will allow you to spend the entire day in the spa using the steam room/sauna and laying out by the pool or chilling in their lounge rooms so long as you recieve one service. Sometimes, I feel like I could just spend the entire day there.
My other treat is Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia - it will put me in a better mood instantly.
Thank you for all of your sweet posts katd, I really appreciate your kindness. Love the new blog template - it looks great!
I try to get a pedicure - and now that my daughter is 8 ( I have secondary infertility so she is an only) - I take her with me and show her that it is good to take care of yourself. I am in the middle of a move to England but once I get there I am hoping to get a trainer again for a little bit to help me get "back in the game" of going to the gym. Congrats - YOU ARE WORTH every penny - because "if momma isn't happy - nobody's happy"
Yeah for you for joining a gym! I wish I had the self-motivation to do that...I usually have to be dragged to do any sort of working out :(
I LOVE to get pedicures with my girlfriends. We go every other month, it's great!
Good for you!!!!! I should look into the JCC by our house, it is not super far away and I heard the mom n tot classes are good.
I need to figure out where we are gonna join once my 12 week program is up, because now I am used to working out at the gym 3 times a week and it has been for free, so I need to figure out where we can join without breaking the bank!
I'm not very good at pampering myself or even sitting down to relax when I'm at home. I'm a bit of a neat freak, and the house has become a disaster area since baby came home, so I spend most of my free time picking up. My guilty pleasure, though, is eating out with my girlfriends. Not really good for the diet-conscious, but I love it anyway.
Joining a gym with childcare sounds perfect! I might need to look into this... these days I go out with my girlfriends for chips & salsa but that's after I put the baby down... I'm about to sign up for some sewing classes though! Should be fun...
Ugh, we are anxiously awaiting dad's return on Sunday! It's been tough but my friends are taking good care of us! :)
Naps are going quite a bit better - in the afternoon I've been giving him a bottle at naptime and that helps get him super drowsy! Here's to hoping it stays this way for a while!
What a great post! That community center sounds GREAT! :)
For myself...I do not pluck nary an eyebrow hair. I get my brows waxed on the regular. It is a treat. I used to get a mani/pedi regularly, but I will resume this spring :)
I do girls night out once a month. There are about 6 of us and we've been doing it for years! No babies allowed...but now one of the ladies has a teen daughter who wants to watch the kiddos for a few hours...I leave my baby at home! lol
Well looky looky - you redecorated! It looks great! :)
I don't do a $%^#&@ for myself. LOL! Really, I don't! Tonight I shaved my legs & that was a treat. It made me realize that I need to be ME! Forever! :)
You go work out. When you're done, let's go to lunch. You go to your Wendy's, & I'll go to mine. You skinny little thing! :) :)
Congrats on the gym membership!!!
I, um, have a membership,but haven't been since....May 2007. Oops!!
My treat to myself is a bubble bath at the end of each day.
Heaven!!!
Hey look at this CWO tags - they have the sweetest one with the adoption verse! You gotta put it on here!!
http://www.christianwomenonline.net/scripturetags3.html
Post a Comment