Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hooray! A Snow Day! :)

Okay, I know I stay home with Lily, so it's not like I benefit like I used to through snow days when I taught. However, I still felt giddy and excited when I woke up this morning and school was cancelled. I did feel a second of relief, also, that even if school hadn't been cancelled - I don't have to be anywhere! :) As tough as being a stay at home mom can be some days, I still have little moments of excitement when I remember I get to always set my own schedule. Well, my ten month old dictator sets the schedule often, too. :) But, you know what I mean. :)

Look at the beautiful sight I was met with this morning:


That car's not going anywhere today!! My husband has a fire going in our fireplace, we have a brand new Sopranos dvd that came in the mail from Blockbuster, and I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. This is my kind of day! :)

11 comments:

Kara said...

Very cool scenery, what I would give to experience a snow day and be stranded at home. I won't mention what our temps are here in So. California, but know that it does feel like living on the surface of the sun during summer time. I guess the grass is always greener.

My eye tooth for a snow day. Very pretty photos.

hope548 said...

Woohoo! I know what you mean though, summer time still excites me, even though I no longer have summers off (not since high school), it's just that carry-over. Sounds like a lovely day you've got planned!

Congrats too on joining the gym!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! I am a little jealous!

Jess said...

We finally got some snow, too!!

I know what you mean...challenging as being at home with the kids is, I don't forget how lucky I am to BE at home with my kids. To hve the kids at all, even!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect day! Cold outside, a warm fire, choc chip cookies, and everyone home to enjoy the day together!

Melissa :) said...

Oh my stars, I am soooooooo jealous. Living in Texas, we don't see near enough of that beautiful stuff. Enjoy your "in" day - too fun! :)

Jess said...

I laughed when I read your post on my blog today...

You're actually a lot closer to Cincy than WE are!! hahaha

Hope you're enjoying your snow day!

Yeah So said...

Yay for snow days! It's actually snowing here now - but at 4pm, it's a little late for a party - especially since it's just in time for rush hour. Oy.

Anonymous said...

chocolate chip cookies AND the sopranos!? that's what my day was missing! i wish i had gotten a good picture of our yard before the kids trekked all over it. yours looks so peaceful.

Original Beans said...

Hi there,
I just found your blog today, my friend sent it over to me and I am so happy. My husband and I just completed the adoption application process and we are now "waiting." It was so great to read your blogs and see how amazing things are now. It gives me such hope, and I identified with so many of your thoughts from before Lily arrived. Thank you so much, and it's so wonderful to see such a happy mommy! I hope your snow day was fun, it sounds great, it's snowing like crazy here right now!! I'll be following your blog all the time now!

Lisa said...

The snow forced me to stay home yesterday too, but my husband still had to work. Boo! Olivia and I had a leisurely snow day, but I was a little disappointed since my last few weeks here at work are jam packed with events, and a day stuck at home (however lovely it may be) is a day that I can't get some needed stuff done at work. Will be SO glad when I can stay home all the time!!