Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Party: Take One

Well, our first party was a smashing success. I managed to avoid getting too emotional, but I really can't believe my baby girl is nearly one. I'm process tons of emotions right now about Autumn - I can't get her out of my mind. I'm sure she's thinking about us right now, too, and even though she's still not in touch with us, I feel connected to her very much right now. More on that in a later post; I don't know how to express how I feel yet. SO...onto what I know you're in this for, pictures of the party and a beautiful baby in a pink tutu:)







Performing for all her loyal subjects! :)


Her cousin took one of her new toys. Total tragedy.

This is her new "belly laugh" reserved for occasions when something is particularly hilarious.

My mom made this princess highchair cover. I love it and may never take it off :)


We were all very happy to get into our jammies after the day was over!
It's very surreal to think that exactly one year ago today, I was sitting in a hotel room in Utah wishing and hoping for this miracle baby to be my daughter. And today, she looks up at me and says "mamama" (well, let's be honest, half the time she says "dadada" or blows raspberries in my face, but whatever.) It's amazing, truly beyond what I can convey in words. Hope you're having a happy weekend.!


15 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!! Love the tutu!!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Lily!! The party looks like it was so much fun, and I absolutely LOVE that high chair cover!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Almost Birthday, Lily!

She's adorable from head to toe! Love her curls, her bright pink hair bows, her tutu and her princess shoes!

Michelle said...

Oh Happy Birthday, Lily! Love the pictures--what a party girl. Trying to digest the first year does make your head spin, doesn't it? Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute in that tutu! Happy Birthday, Lily!

Jess said...

Looks like FUN!! Isn't it crazy that they're almost a year old?! A YEAR!!

I hope this next year is as wonderful as the past one.

Happy (soon to be) birthdy, Lily!

Anonymous said...

All right...I am literally almost in tears for you! How well do I remember waiting with you and praying so hard for you a year ago today?!? She is the most precious little thing in the world and I am rejoicing with you as you get to celebrate her first year of life! Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy birthdays with your little princess!!!

Love,

Laurie

Barely Sane said...

Luuuuv the tutu!!! So very cute. And those curls! OMG, they are to die for.

Glad it all went well. I totally understand why A is in your thoughts right now.

Lani said...

OMG!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I am so happy the party went so well. Those curls are just TOOOO much!

I totally know why A is in your thoughts. I talked to Izzy's BM on her birthday she called. Hopefully A is doing well

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Lily!

hope548 said...

Glad it was such a huge success! She looks beautiful!

Deb said...

Beautiful Birthday Princess.

Melissa :) said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Miss Lil!

I cannot, cannot believe it has been one year. Unbelievable!

She is so precious! I'm glad your day was a huge success! :)

Rich Angie said...

She is so adorable! Happy Birthday Lily!!

I can't imagine NOT getting emotional-I am just thinking about my LO turning 1!!

beagle said...

What a lucky girl . . . all that love!

Happy birthday cute one!