Imagine me dragging my hot (temp wise!), tired body across the floor while I say that:) It is miserably hot here!! And guess whose AC wasn't in commission for about three hours this afternoon? Yep, mine. I know this is going to sound very, very spoiled, but I don't know how people made it through the summers without air conditioning. Luckily, everything got fixed very quickly, but the house still hasn't cooled back off...probably because it was in the 90s here today. I actually got in the tub with Lily tonight just to cool off. She thought it was pretty funny. :)
In other Lily news, she is working on her NINTH tooth!!! She has all four up top and about 3 1/4 up on the bottom and now her fifth one is coming in on top. It's non-stop teething around here. We also had our first major diaper blow out yesterday. I know you all wanted to know that:) I consider us very, very lucky to have made it this far, but it was HORRIBLE!! Stupid me, she had been constipated so I gave her straight up apple juice....not good. Not good at all. She is the girliest little thing, too, she gets upset by poop:) Too much info and she'll kill me someday when she reads this, but I can't help myself; it really is the funniest thing. Anytime she goes, she comes straight over to me and says "hi...Hi...HI!!" progressively louder. Seriously, she needs changed immediately. :) My nephew could play all day long in a dirty diaper and never care. My girly girl knows the deal!! Still no walking...she'll stand up by herself as long as you want her to, but when I try to get her to step, she shakes her head and says very matter-of-factly "no, no." Not sassy or anything, just letting me know how she feels about it :)
Hope everybody's staying cool. My husband's watching the NBA playoffs, so I'm off to waste some time playing word games on facebook. It's too, too addictive. :)
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Can't.Take.The.Heat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I LOVE Facbook word games!! Don't even look at the Oregon Trail game...it's a real time waster!!
I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in Michigan and we're in the 90's here too, it's been nasty today. We're still hanging in there without the AC, trying to save money...but I don't think it's going to last much longer.
Lily sounds so sweet...glad to hear those teeth are coming in! I'm sure she'll be walking before you know it and then you'll wish you could get her to stop, even for one minute! :)
Melba
I providentially stumbled across your blog and I'm so excited to read your story. I haven't read through it yet but I'm very curious. I, too, struggle with infertility and have adopted domestically and I'm in the process of sharing my story on a blog. I have an incredible story to share - if I ever get it finished :) The Lord has been SO good to us and surprised us with the miracle of our son. I hope you'll check it out :)
Every good blog has a poop story. Don't give a baby prunes or sweet potatoes too many days in a row either, it has same effect as apple juice.
OH MY GOSH you made it THIS FAR with no blowouts? JEALOUS!
I'm with you on the NBA crap. And the hubby is a die hard Celtics fan....so it's BAD here. Very bad.
:p
I can't believe that she's saying so much! Your girl is a smart cookie!!
Our little one doesn't like being dirty either.
Hopefully she'll be easy to potty train because of it.
OMG Her first blow out! Khloe had her first at around 2 months. Your'e lucky. ;)
We have had nothing but rain, rain, rain here.
They say the ones who are bothered by poop potty train more easily. So, that sounds like a good deal to me. I'm jealous only one blowout!
The heat has finally hit here.
I spend almost every night playing Scrab.ulous on Facebook. I may just challenge you to a game!
Loved the blowout story - we have had 2 super close calls and we have had little girl for a whole 2 weeks or is it 3? Anywhoo, love hearing about the poop stories.
I bet she will be easier to potty train. And if you have been reading my blog...wow, that's a blessing.
You might try to train her before she turns two. Just something to think about.
Post a Comment