Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One more thing

I just finished putting Lily to bed and tonight is the very first night ever that as I was laying her down, she said, "I love you" or well, "Yuh You" before I said it. It brought tears to my eyes. And does again now that I'm typing it. She put her hands on my cheeks, we did our goodnight kiss and she said "Yuh You" before I did. I am sure it's because she knows it's coming, but still. I just experienced one of those amazing parenting moments and I had to get it written down asap. :)

29 comments:

Bri said...

How sweet! What a precious little thing!

Anonymous said...

Just reading this brings tears to my eyes!

Jessica White said...

That right there makes it all worthwhile :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet that just melted you. How sweet!

LL said...

Such beautiful words! So incredibly sweet!

Jess said...

OH MY GOSH that's PRECIOUS!

I'm sooo jealous. Soooooooo jealous. You have no idea!!!

Minnie said...

Oh, I'm tearing up reading about it.
How sweet is that.

Anonymous said...

Awww...those beautiful words that every parent longs to hear. I am glad you are soaking it all in!

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... :)

Marie said...

That is so special and wonderful. It kind of makes you heart skip a beat.

Michelle said...

That is just the best!!!

Kathy said...

I love stories like this, they really do melt your heart! Thank you so much for sharing. What an adorable daughter you have.

(ICLW)

Muskie Mom said...

That is so sweet. Minnow says it over the phone to my parents and it just makes my heart melt.

Rebekah said...

LOVE THAT.

BekkiBoo aka tubelessstl said...

hehe.. this just warms my heart.

Rich Angie said...

How exciting! That must've been the sweetest thing to hear... :)

Colored With Memories said...

Awww...that is so sweet...and just the first of many to come!

I found you through a comment you left at "it's almost naptime!". When you referenced "Lily" I knew you must be awesome...my first is Lily as well! After reading some of your previous posts though, I'm not sure if that is her real name now!

Anyways, glad I visited! Lily is precious!

candy said...

that is so amazing!

Erin said...

Hi, here from ICLW. That must be such a wonderful moment.

All the best.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for sharing, that's just precious. Your daughter is Beautiful and Congrats on your new job! Visiting from ILCW.

LisaS said...

too sweet! that's one of the things I love about blogging--makes it easy to store memories like this one.

(happy ICLW, and good luck with the new gig!)

Hope2morrow said...

Thank you for the information. I will be replying to your email once I talk to my husband.

Thank you for the prayers, and i wish you greta luck with what sounds like a phenomenal job!

Amy said...

That's just so sweet!

ICLW

Mrs Woggie said...

Amazing. How utterly incredible. And so lovely.

Here from ICLW.

Happy said...

Awww... You know I'm a regulare reader, but here I am from ICLW.

SassyCupcakes said...

That's just gorgeous. What a special memory. :)

Just Me. said...

AWWWW..she sounds like an angel.

Here from ICLW.

Yoka said...

That is so cute. Thank you for sharing this moment.

Lily is so cute! I love her curly hair.

Esther Noelle said...

Oh wow, that is amazing!!! She sure loves her mommy!!!