I am the worst for just leaving everything hanging yesterday, I know it. But, I had yet to sign a contract and didn't want to jump the gun before blabbing away. Contract is signed, and I am so excited to write about this. I am going to begin by saying that this is the ONE time I will blog about this because this is my personal space to vent and express my feelings about life, parenting, IF, adoption, etc. I don't want this blog to ever be seen as a solicitation for business. This is not a professional business blog; it's just mine in all it's glory or lack thereof:)
Having given that disclaimer, I am beginning work immediately with Christian Adoption Consultants as an adoption consultant for couples wanting to adopt domestically. They are the company we used to help us adopt Lily. Basically, they walk you through the adoption process step by step (finding multiple ethical agencies who do not ask for a great deal of money up front, getting your profile created, holding your hand through birth family calls and the scary waiting periods, etc.)and help you do it as quickly, as economically, and as ethically as possible. You all know we adopted Lily in six months start to finish - including our homestudy and a failed match. It was ridiculously quick (though I'll say it didn't feel like it at the time.) And you know I've been kind of looking for some part time work, so when I started talking to the owner and we started talking about the possibility of me doing consulting for them and with couples who sign up with them, it immediately felt right.
It's like my great blog pal, Jess, said to me in an email earlier: adoption just sort of winds itself into your heart. It's so much more to me than just the way we created our family. To be able to work to help other people find the babies they have longed for for so long and to be able to show couples that there is a MUCH better way than to just sit for years on a waiting list is a dream come true. I feel so lucky to get to be able to do this from HOME so that I can still be with my crazy girl during the day is incredible. And like I said, I do NOT in any way want this blog to become a blog about my consulting. But, I can't say enough about our experience adopting Lily. I can't say enough about how kind our agency was to us and how ethically they treated Autumn, so this is my ONE and only post about this, but if you want more information please feel free at any time to leave your email in the comment section here. I will delete the comment to protect your privacy.
So, there's that. In THIS blog's news, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go PWP in the very, very near future. I may even move to WordPress just so I can choose which posts are protected and which aren't. Again, I really want to be able to keep this blog for me, so I am thinking due to my google searches lately and now with me working in the adoption field, I may need a bit more privacy here. Promise you'll come along if I move:)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Adoption News and Blog Changes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


26 comments:
What a coup for Christian Adoption Consultants!
Congrats on your new position. I know you'll be perfectly placed there.
I'd like to keep in touch!
You sent me some great info once on adoption & the agencies you used, and so I know you'll do just great at your new position!
Good luck to you!
We'll definitely stay in touch, Lori:) And thank you both for saying such sweet and encouraging things! They really mean a lot:)
You will be amazing with your new position! I am so excited for you.
And I will follow you no matter where you go!
YAY!!! Congrats! We'll probably be in touch with you in the future...I think we are seriously considering CAC, when we do our domestic adoption.
I'm so excited and happy for you! I know you'll do great at it!
That sounds like the perfect position. I'm sure it will be totally rewarding too.
And of course where you go I'll follow because I love reading about your adventures in motherhood.
Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com
That sounds exciting! I am glad you can work and take care of Lily, it sounds perfect.
I can't believe your whole process was 6 months, that is shorter than a pregnancy, that is really quick!
You will do such an awesome job! I still have the wonderful emails that you sent to me when J and I were just beginning the process! Congrats! and so great that you can work from home...and of course if you go private, I would love to keep following.
First, I just skimmed the article ( I have a HUGE project due tomorrow and need to hit the books for finals) however - this organizaion is so very lucky to have a kind and sweet person amongst thier midst. I'm so happy for you, you sound happy and that makes me delioursly happy!
Please email me more or your number so we can possibly chat. I have alot to say about our agency that is too long for my blog and I would love to know more about your organization.
CONGRATS - K
YAY!!!
I would love to have your prof blog, too, just FYI. :)
And of course I'll be looking for my pwp invite in the mail! hahaha
Congrats! I'm sure you'll do wonderful. I'd like some information. You can send it to anmaha@gmail.com We are already with an agency, so I don't know what you would do for me...but anything to move the process along!
I would love to come along if you become PWP. Let me know. Your story is so similar to ours, and our girls have a lot in common (the hair, the gorgeous complexion, the very happy and blessed Mommies!). I'd love to stay in touch. I'm also interested in following your professional blog, if you don't mind. We have become so very interested in adoption and seeing other couples find success with it. It's just sad how many people are beat up by bad agencies...when it was so (relatively speaking) easy for us. Anyway, hope to keep in touch!
They are lucky to have you! Yay!
How exciting! I'm pretty happy to hear about your decision because I had decided I was going to use them if we returned to domestic adoption. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing you'd be associated...
I'm already thinking about what I'll do if I don't get pregnant w/IVF and have a multi-step process laid out for myself (lol). Especially since w/IA I'd have to lie about my health.
I assume you'll pass on the info if you decide to password protect. I tried Wordpress because you can password protect posts and couldn't figure it out. I guess I'm not technically savvy enough?
Cool! I didn't even know about Christian Adoption Consultants...I am so happy for you!
I would surely be interested in receiving information about your agency for our own possible pursuits with adoption.
By the way, here from ICLW.
Congratulations! You'll be the perfect person for the job!
Congratulations!! That sounds fantastic--you are going to do a great job.
Your new job sounds so interesting, congratulations! That organization is lucky to have your.
We are currently adopting through CAC. We adore them! Congrats.
congrats on the job! and of course i'll follow you wherever you go.
That is wonderful news! You will do a great job and be such a blessing for the couples you work with. :)
Please include me if you go private.
I just got back into town & I'm slowly catching up. I actually did the 'whoa' thing when I read your going to be working in the adoption field! I'll email you later as to why I made the whoa comment. I'm so happy for you! What a perfect position for you & you can still have Miss Lil right by your side. Congrats!
I'm still undecided to as to the public blog - not sure what I'm going to do.
Congrats on your position, and please do let me know if you make a blog move!
Congratulations on your new job. That is fantastic! Just today I talked to the owner of our agency about a possibility of me working for them as they start with the international adoptions. I would love to do that...
And I would love to come along if you move to wordpress.
What an exciting time! I bet your new job will bring you much happiness.
Post a Comment