It's a nightmare!! I feel like it's all I blog about, but it's insane! She's now getting all four of her first molars at the same TIME. Her top two have poked through, but the gums are still all puffy and read. The bottoms are just these huge swollen lumps. My poor girl!! She's still in really good spirits, but she's sleeping like crazy. Last night, she was asleep at 7:00 and didn't wake up this morning until 10. I was so excited when I woke up at 8 and she was still sleeping. Still excited to have a cup of coffee while it was still hot. But, then as the clock kept ticking, I got nervous that she wasn't making any noise. So, at 10, I opened her door and wouldn't you know that woke her up. She was perfectly fine; just sleepy! Then, she napped from 1:30-4:30!! And she's back asleep now at 7:30. I'm not complaining, mind you, I cleaned the entire house today and started a new book! :) And now she's asleep in plenty of time for Mommy to watch The Bachelorette. :) But, I do feel sad for her and her little gums!
The PT is coming again tomorrow to make the final assessment about whether or not Lily qualifies for the First Steps program. I'm betting unless they find something seriously wrong with her muscles, she won't qualify. She has to be behind in at least one other area to qualify, and there's no way she is. This girl talks up a storm! She is starting to have conversations, and it's the coolest thing. When I leave the room and come back she says, "Where'd you go?" (more like "where go", but still!) and puts her hands up in a questioning pose:) I tried this afternoon to get her to walk holding my hands and she said, "NO WAY" and plopped herself down. NO WAY. Are you kidding me? That's my sassy girl. :)
Monday, July 7, 2008
Seriously with the teething
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Poor Lily! The teething monster has us, too. Ava had 3-4 molars all coming in. She's been pretty good about it as well, though.
Good luck with the PT tomorrow. Funny that Lily just doesn't want to walk, OBVIOUSLY, since she TOLD YOU NO! hahahaha!!!
The teething monster is at our house too, except she is hardly sleeping AT ALL! Any tips???
Ouch! My guy is doing the same thing - the top ones are poking thru and the bottom ones are hard lumps! I have heard that the walking/talking things seem to take turns. Like my guy was just 14 months and has been walking since about 11 months, but he only has 3-4 words that make any sense. It is a lot of babble and cave man grunting! He is a tiny guy at about 20lbs - and hasn't really gained anything in the last two months! Hope all goes well tomorrow!
oooo, she's a smarty pants. She sounds like Eva Rose. I hope she doesn't get some of Eva Rose's, er, more challenging traits.
finally, with my 4th kid, I do not go check on them when they sleep till 10, I just enjoy it. But it took 4 kids for me to get there. I think it is so weird that when the do that, you think, ok no way will she take her afternoon nap now - but they always do. It's like Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child says: sleep begets sleep.
Hallelujah :)
we're just about there with the teething, so I'll hit you up for helpful advice. J constantly has his fist or anything else for that matter) in his mouth...
Poor Lily! I guess it's a good thing at least, for you, that's she's sleeping rather than screaming.
Good luck with the PT!
(james mcavoy ;-)
OMG what a sleeper!!! Izzy has been a teething monster the last two days, it isn't molars she is just now getting her 4 top tooth, she has 4 on the bottom, but it iseems to be a big one and she has been a grump. She unfortunately does not sleep like that when she is teeting, I can't believe she slept until 10am!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope the PT appointment goes well, I am sure she is just fine and as you said, sassy and wants to do things on her own time!
hey! thanks so much for stopping by my blogage! i love your blog too! we are adopting as well, and I am always excited to meet other adoption blogs! I will have to catch up on your blog to find out more!
I am glad you have had a chance to catch up on things with Lily's sleeping. What are you reading?
Good luck tomorrow.
Teething was atrocious for us! We had Rotovirus at the same time all four molars were coming in. NIGHTMARE! I saw your other posts. Jakob didn't walk until 20 months--didn't sit on his own until 10 months and has been assessed for his speech just a couple of months ago. He still only weighs 26 pounds at 2 1/2 years, but is healthy and happy--most of the time anyway! Mobility is over rated! :0) And the speech is coming. They will reassess at the end of this month, but I think we are on track. He still takes long afternoon naps and has just used his toddler bed twice. I am in no hurry for anything. . . I guess. . . as it's all just a sign that he's growing up way too fast for me! I hope the teeth come in quick!! :0)
She really says "where go?" Oh my gosh! Robby has NO WORDS! He might be running like crazy but the only talking he does is with his hands! Luckily he's really taken to signing but I can't wait to hear more of his little voice!! You are so lucky!
I'm so glad you liked the park city pictures! I put the ones of us walking down Main Street for you! :)
Post a Comment