Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pals and nephews

You guys are great. Every time I check my email, there is a new comment from a blogger pal, and you have no idea how uplifting and encouraging you are to me. I read your blogs and feel inspired. I read the stories of women who have endured the same pain I feel and even more. I read the stories of families created through adoption who would go through it all again if it meant getting the child meant for them.


Thank you for your support and for your unbelievable strength.

We were on the phone all afternoon yesterday. Nothing new, but our agency STILL insists they believe she will place. We're praying that she makes the right decision for her baby. We're praying God brings us the child meant for us.

Until then...here is the second thing that gets me through. Check out my nephew; is he the cutest thing you've ever seen? Being an aunt has been the greatest joy I've ever experienced, which makes me realize that being a mom will be worth all of this garbage right now.







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going through domestic adoption is so insanely hard. First it's a whole buncha nothing, then it's a roller coaster that never seems to end. You will match, and you will place.

When we were at the hospital watching our birthmother bond with her baby for two days, I kept saying to myself, "This is insane, why am I here?" My husband kept saying, "If she doesn't sign, we'll get right back on the horse and find a new birthmother." I told him I would have to be placed in a mental hospital first, and could he please make sure our homestudy agency didn't get wind of it.

In the end, she signed. Birthmothers are unpredictable, and it's torture for adoptive parents. But somehow it does seem to work out in the end. I read on a blog somewhere, "If it hasn't worked out then it isn't the end."

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

TeamWinks said...

The nephew is beyond adorable! So sweet.

I'm holding my breath for you, and can't wait to sigh that big sigh of relief.

Barely Sane said...

Awwww, what a cutie!

Still got my fingers crossed that your BM places the baby.

katd said...

You guys are the best. Thank you! I feel a bit better today. There's a sense of peace that comes with knowing there is nothing you can do. We just sit and wait and hope that she will call when she goes into labor. Our agency told us yesterday that there is no way to predict what she will do. She obviously doesn't think the way we do, so it is impossible to get inside her brain.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

So cute!

I think the only way through this is to believe the agency. They've seen things play out so many times that they must have a sense of the steps a birth mother goes through before she places. Maybe they are seeing clues or normal steps in a process that you can't see because you haven't been through dozens and dozens of placements.

Hoping everything becomes easier soon.

laurie said...

I've been out of town for the weekend and just got home and saw your post from Friday. I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this! It is pure torture! At least she is due in a few weeks so you won't have to endure this much longer.

On a happier note, you do have one of the cutest little nephews that I have ever seen!!! What a doll!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with Mel... at least you have the experience and expertise of the agency to lean on. it may seem shaky, but it's something.

i could take a bite out of your nephew! so cute! i'm glad that he has been a source of joy to you during this process. that's reallly a priceless gift.

~celeste
http://light-of-unity.livejournal.com

GLouise said...

What an adorable little nephew! I have no words of wisdom, since I am just embarking on this journey myself! I am rooting for you and hoping for a happy resolution!!!

Lani said...

Your nephew is beautiful!!!! I have 3 nieces so I know the feeling, they are 5,8,and 9.

I am keeping you in my thoughts/prayers that your pbm will place. I am thinking about you!!!!

Kir said...

I don't know how hard this is, but I can only imagine that your nerves are shot and you just praying for good things. I am too..for you.
Your nephew is reason enough to keep going, keep trying.