Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Backsliding

Remember that strong, confident, hopeful girl from a few days ago? She is long gone. We got an email this morning saying that the social worker was too late in submitting our profile for the baby boy situation due in a couple of weeks. Too late? I know these people have lives, but they are in control of my entire life. Why can't they do what they're being paid to do?

I know this is because it's compounding on all the pain of the past few months, but I don't know how I'm going to make it through my day. How much more disappointment will we go through? These things bring out all those feelings I thought I had gotten through. Bitterness and self-pity and thoughts like, "WHY is this easy for some people?" All I want in my life is to be able to love and parent a child. It's ridiculous and unfair and I HATE it.

I'm off to be grouchy to my co-workers now. They have to think I'm a total nut case.

13 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Kat, I'm sorry.

I agree with you...WHAT is wrong with the WORLD???

(You know, I clicked on your blog by accident. I'm on this ridiculously slow computer while I'm sitting Brady and wanted to check one thing quick, but I think I was meant to check YOU real quick.)

I'm sorry that things aren't easy. I'm sorry that for people who don't care for their kids or don't want them, it IS easy.

But you WILL make it through the day, and you will make it to your family. It'll happen. Is has to.

Flmgodog said...

I am so sorry this happened. I really thought this little guy was going to be the one for you.

I have no good assvice. I am really sorry about this.

Serenity said...

aw, sweets. I'm so sorry.

I agree with Jess. It might not seem like it right now, but somehow, someday, you WILL be a mother.

Hugs to you today.

Rich Angie said...

I just wanted to let you know that you have people you don't even know rooting for you. You've brought me hope in past blogs and I KNOW that things will turn out for the better for you and DH.

I'm thinking of you.

katd said...

You girls are so amazing. Thank you for your support.

GLouise said...

Oh no! What a pain! Why do they get your hopes up like that?! And how can they be "too late" to submit you? I guess a match has already been made for this particular little guy?

I keep clinging to what the author of "Ultimate Guide to Adoption" keeps saying...the baby you adopt is the one you were meant to adopt." Or something like that! It still doesn't make things any less disappointing though, huh?

Hang in there!!

Stilla Momma said...

i was sent a link to your blog from a friend...thinking of you today...

OHN said...

We had a few fall through before our son became ours. It is nightmarish to say the least. We were actually on the way to the hospital to pick up "our daughter" when birthmom skipped out of the hospital at 5 am with the baby. Long story short...Bmom ended up in jail 6 mos later and baby ended up shuffling from one foster home to another...makes me sick to even remember it!

I am so sorry for what you are feeling right now but I sure understand!

Kris said...

I'm so sorry this happened.

Anonymous said...

What??!!

I think that I would be more than frustrated about the situation. Good luck to you.

TeamWinks said...

Preaching to the choir on this one. I have no clue why some people can't just do their job. Oh, I cut people more than enough slack, but you are right. This is our entire life they are holding. Time is of the essence!

Barely Sane said...

I am stunned. Why the heck did your SW give you guys a call and not tell you what the deadline was? I know stuff in the adoption world can move quickly, but for pete's sake.... at least tell you guys WHAT the time limits are!
Oh, I am so disappointed for you guys!

Kir said...

Oh Kat, I am so sorry. I couldn't agree more, seriously how much Crap can any of us take anymore. This journey is hard enough without other people adding to it and making you my friend miserable. I just hate it!! *Hug*

you will be a mom , I know that, but I am so sorry that this part of getting there went the way it did. You deserve so much more !