Monday, April 2, 2007

She's here!!!!

I only had a minute, but I really wanted to share with you guys. The baby was born this morning at 9:33. A was amazing!! She was induced and was only in labor for 1 1/2 hours. She pushed for four minutes and there the baby was! We have had the most beautiful day. A's boyfriend came out to get us and said, "Come meet your daughter." I lost it. A was holding her when we went back and she handed her straight to me. It was one of the most poignant moments I've ever experienced. I got to feed her the first bottle. We spend the entire afternoon talking about adoption and what's good and tough about it. We talked about A's past and why she's truly placing this baby. She was open and honest about how she feels, and I can't tell you how amazing she is. I know nothing is final until signing tomorrow at noon, but A called us the baby's mom and dad. She told me that the baby is most peaceful when I'm holding her. She told us that she has loved spending time with us and that she knows the baby will have a great home. I can't tell you what those words have meant. I have to keep myself grounded because I know that we still have to wait until tomorrow, but this day has been unreal. I can't even find words to describe how I feel. A little nervous and hesitant still. I want to kiss the baby and look at her little feet, but I know it's not my turn to do that yet. Thank you for the continued support! If all goes well, my next post will have pictures!! :)

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I just checked your blog, & I started screaming & read the entire thing to my husband! LOL! Amazing isn't it? Oh I'm so happy for you. I'm so happy for A. She does sound awesome - most birthparents are. I told you you would love like you've never known...

God Bless you all! :)

NationalParkMama said...

Congrats. What a beautiful story!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Renee

Rachel said...

I have checked SO many times today just WAITING for this post! I'm a complete stranger and my heart is absolutely filled with JOY for you!!!

TeamWinks said...

Can't wait!!!! This is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I am crying... this is just wonderful news. I am so happy for you and your husband.

asheggy said...

H O O R A Y !!!!!!!
Im so thrilled for all of you!!!
HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!
My heart is just BURSTING for all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...congratualtions...thats wonderful and amazing. Such a generous gift this women will share with you. And you in turn will share it with your new daughter.

AK said...

Woohoo!!!!!! I'm thrilled for y'all! We can't wait to see pictures!

Jess said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I thought all day that the previous post was from THIS MORNING and I just checked at random and HOLY COW!

What a wonderful story. A sounds truly awesome. I'm so happy for you. I'll keep praying till tomorrow but it sounds like all is going well!!

GLouise said...

Oh, Katd- I am thrilled for you...My eyes filled with tears when I saw the title of this post.

Your bloggy friends are cheering you on and rejoicing with you!

Thanks for the update!!

Lani said...

I am crying happy tears for you! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy said...

Oh, Katd, you have made me cry. What a beautiful story. It's the type of situation that all of us out here waiting dream of. Congratulations and good luck tomorrow!

beagle said...

How wonderful!

Angela said...

Yay! I thought about you today! I can't wait for your post tomorrow! Congrats momma!

Chelsi said...

Katd, that is amazing! What a beautiful story. Holding out for the good news tomorrow and the pics!!

squarepeg said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! This is so amazing. I can't wait to see pics!

I hope this isn't too personal (hah - on an IF/adoption blog!), but will you maintain a relationship with A? In considering adoption myself I can see how well both open and closed situations can work, so I'd be very keen on hearing your plan.

You will all be in my heart tomorrow; I know it will be a very emotional day.

Owl Gal Liz said...

WOOHOOO!!!!!

Congrats, it's a wonderful and beautiful day :)

I am so excited for y'all :)

Kathy said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Your story is amazing and beautiful! It gives us all hope!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Serenity said...

Oh, Katd - I have chills. I

I am so so SO thrilled for you.

Welcome to the world, little one!

Gil said...

I am sitting here at my desk, crying my eyes out with absolute joy and happiness for your wonderful day and such truly blessed news. My love to you both, as you start down this new and exciting part of the path. May the coming days bring you all peace, joy and love.

Oh yes... pics. Goodness show us the pics when you can. We're all waiting with baited breath...

Kir said...

OMG, how truly amazing. I am so happy for you.
Can't wait to hear all about baby girl!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I found your post through Serenity's. I am SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! How exciting and wonderful. It is so great to hear a happy ending for a change!

Blessings to everyone.

nickoletta100 said...

WOW, just WOW. It sounds like you are having the best adoption experience and you deserve it after what you have been through. A sounds like an amazing woman with such wonderful strength to be doing this. Giving her daughter the best life possible. Congratulations all around.

petunia said...

Congratulations - it's so amazing...I'm so happy for you!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

It's 1:30 where I am, but I have a feeling these are the last few hours out where you are before that noon signing. I am sending so much good energy your way right now. I cannot wait until the next post! Congratulations!!!

Jess said...

I, too, am sitting here, looking at the 1:30PM on my clock and wondering about the time difference. I think it's 2-3 hours.

Sending good vibes your way, Kat. STILL PRAYING!

Joshua and Becky Doney said...

OMG this is killing How is it going? What is going on? I know you are spending time with your little girl and loving every sec of it. ENJOY! CONGRATS and hurry up and fill us in lol

Jess said...

This is killing me, Kat.

I hope all is well.

We don't need pics right away...just an all-clear would be great!

Sigh, but I guess, go ahead and enjoy. :)