Happy Wednesday! I'm off in about an hour to officially resign from work. I'm so nervous/sad/anxious/excited/relieved. It's so huge. I always knew I'd want to stay home and be with my kids, and I still feel that way. But, it's really hard work! I've always heard women say that and there's no way to understand how it's hard until you're there...and exhausted:) But, so in love! :) Anyway, I'm leaving a huge part of what makes me who I am. I love my students, and I love teaching, but I know there's no way for me to do a great job at home and at work. I put so much of myself into my students, and I know I can't give home 100% if I continue to teach. Anyway, I'm excited to see my kids today, but I'm anxious about officially moving on. I'll still go back to give exams at the end of the year to finish up and say goodbye to everyone, but this is still making it official. It's a big step!
Also, we're quickly approaching another small thing. On Monday, Lily will be one month old! I can't believe it! Time just flies, and she's getting bigger and more fun every day. She's SO expressive! I know I need to post more pictures, but I don't have them on the laptop, so it'll have to be another day. Unfortunately for her, one month old means...SHOTS! Probably more unfortunate for me than her; I'll be devastated and she won't remember:)
One thing not so small, our petition for adoption has been filed! It's one of those legal formalities, but it's full of meaning for us.
Hope all is well for everyone! :)
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Small Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Wow! One month shots?? We didn't get them here until 2 months, so we had an extra month to gain some thigh fat! LOL. I'm sure her thighs are still so little bitty! Poor baby. Bring a bottle and stick in in her mouth right after the third shot :)
Adoption petition...What a wonderful thing! Does it feel real to you yet?? I know it took a while for it to sink in for me, but it really hit home when all the fees were paid and we rec'd a copy of the final decree!
WOW, a month already??? Time sure does fly! I am very happy and excited for you to be able to leave work. After all this time and effort to get Lily, it is wonderful that you have the ability and desire to stay home with her.
Good luck resigning from work. I am also staying home for the most part, i still work one day a week for my dads company but only for a few hours and it is totally flexible. I do miss working a little but wouldn't have it any other way
I had a really hard time the first 2 months, i was SOO tired and it was SOO much harder then i expected!
It does get easier, i am still tired at the end of the day but i am a lot happier and so is IZZY!
One month already?! Man, that flew by!! I'm looking forward to experiencing that "exhaustion" all you mother's speak of ;)
Good news all around! Sooooo very happy for you all.
Congrats on being a SAHM!!!
We didn't get shots until 2 mos. Poor Lily!!
Our final adoption order wont come through for another month. I can hardly wait for that day. You must be SO SO SO excited.
.... and yes, more pics please!!
How did your "resignation" go? I can't believe it's been an entire month since Lily arrived.
WOW, One month already! I can't believe it.
I am so glad with how happy you sound. Good luck with resigning , it's a BIG week for you. Congrats on the adoption being filed, it's hard to believe how far you've come, but what a glorious ending to that journey. :)
A big step is right! Very exciting! So much has fallen into place for you in the last month, and I couldn't be happier for you.
congrats! i am so happy for you! how exciting to be a stay at home mom. and i cannot believe she is one month old already! man time does fly doesnt it?
Post a Comment