My little burrito! Oh, you guys, I am so sleepy! :) Lily is a really sweet baby so far. She eats every 2-3 hours, has diaper changes about an hour after she eats, and never cries unless she's hungry. She loves to snuggle right under my chin so she can hear my heartbeat. I never ever thought I'd be a girl who counts dirty diapers. Or who gets so proud when her little girl gives a good burp after a bottle. We had plans to go out for a nice, "romantic" dinner the night before Lily came home from the hospital. We were there with her until around 8, looked at each other and said, "Do you really want to go out? No? Neither do I." And we stayed with her in the hospital until after 10. It's automatic.
I worried so much that I wouldn't bond or love a baby who wasn't "mine." I know that's a common fear in adoption. Let me just say that there is no possible way any person could love their child more than I love my girl. I think, in a way, because of infertility, some of us are more able to love freely whatever baby comes to us regardless of how they come. She is mine. I am her mom. She stares at me when I feed her. She calms down instantly when I lay her on my chest and let her hear my heartbeat. THIS is what life is all about.
It seems a common sentiment in many infertiles who finally become pregnant or who finally adopt their baby: guilt. I feel a touch guilty in posting baby pictures and talking about motherhood. But, I hope that instead of making anyone sad, it shows you that it will happen. We went through total hell before finding our Lily, and I would do it all over again and then some because she was meant for us.
I am a sappy mess...I'm sleepy...I haven't been out of sweats in three days...and I love it. AND my mom is flying out here this afternoon. I can't wait to show my baby off!!
Oh, a few of you have asked about agency info, I am more than happy to share with you the fantastic, compassionate agency we worked with. Leave your email in the comment section, and I'll email you back as soon as I can.



31 comments:
I am so happy for you guys! Lily is beautiful!! Enjoy your time together getting to know each other. That is so nice your mom is coming. Enjoy your family, I am so happy for you!!!!
So good to hear from you! Honestly, I can't believe your blogging. LOL! I remember being half-dead by now. ;)
She's gorgeous! :)
SHE IS ADORABLE!!!
Keep those pictures coming!
You are amazing! Thanks so much for bringing us all along on your journey.
PS - Would love to get info on your agency (asheggerud@comcast.net)
She is beyond amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us!
I would love the agency info as well!
rachel32004@msn.com
Your daughter is beautiful...your story doesn't make me sad at all...it give hope! I would love your agency info. Thank you
wingsofsoul@sbcglobal.net
She is truly beautiful--and what a beautiful name! I hope you have a wonderful time bonding!
PS-I would love to get the name of the agency you used! Thanks.
ftg99@hotmail.com
She's beautiful.
I am SOOOOOOO happy for you, hon - and please keep blogging!!!! :)
And I would love the name of your agency too-
serenitynowinfertile at gmail dot com.
What a lovely, amazing little girl you have! Congratulations!
She is soooo cute!! We have pooh hats like that too! lol!!!
Keep the pics coming!!!
PLEASE do not feel any guilt at all! You, your dh and Lily are an inspiration. Especially her birth mom, she must be a wonderful person. Please keep posting the pictures and sharing with us. We'll do the same for you when our time comes. :)
www.babytwiglet.blogspot.com
I love the pictures and stories. We all know how hard it was for you to make it to where you are now!
Oh I am so happy for you all! The tears I am shedding are not out of sadness for me but pure joy for you and your family. And also hope that one day I will also be a mommy. Congratulations! I also would love to have info about your agency. skyaangel at aol dot com.
Thanks. and God Bless Lisa
Way to make me cry! She is so sweet, I couldn't be more thrilled for you guys!
I'm a friend of Melissa's and I just wanted to stop and say congratulations! What a beautiful girl you have and I love this post. Thank you for being so real and sharing your gift with us!
She is so gorgeous! I loved reading about how she likes to hear your heart beating.
This post gives me so much hope!
Much love,
I am so happy for you :)
Your comments brought a tear to my eye, so wonderful and sweet. You are amazing, and so awesome to share your story with us, letting us follow along with your journey :)
Enjoy these special first moments with your daughter. They are like no other time you will ever have in your life... :)
I'm so thrilled this is IT for you! Wow. No need to feel guilty - I think we all need happy endings sometimes.
I would love your agency info, and if you are doing a mass mailing could you add me? (epresco@hotmail.com)
THANK YOU and enjoy!
Congratulations on making it through the first night :-) With many burps and poopie diapers still to come. She is so sweet and you sound so happy.
I'd love to have the name of that agency!
Annie
anmaha@gmail.com
She is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy her!!! Congratulations!!
Omg - I'm crying. I'm so happy for y'all. Through all the infertility we've all faced - it's so wonderful to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
amyjohn05@gmail.com (agnecy info please!)
Congratulations! She's beautiful. Enjoy every second of new motherhood - I know how it feels to be ecstatic over a dirty diaper!
I just saw your post on the nest about having your conference call with the birth mother. I decided to check out your blog to see what news had come. And congratulations on your baby!!! She is beautiful!!! I would love your agency info when you get a chance.
Three days in the same sweats??? Eew! (Just kidding..there's nothing as sweet as the smell of motherhood!)
I am so glad that your mom can come out and help. She will love having this special time with you both. Think of how much easier it is to be in a hotel with room/maid service than to be at home!! Enjoy it while you can...soon you will be at home!
And I would love to know your agency name! Happy thoughts for you all(trixieintransit@gmail.com)
Congratulations, mommy! What a beautiful baby!
I wold love the agency info as well
amyarditi at yahoo dot com
I stumbled to your blog from another...wanted to wish you a big Congratulations on being a Mom!!
Expect to go through even more emotions. I am glad for you that you got to meet Lily's B-mom. We never met our sons but I have recently been in contact with her. I think she would have had more peace had she been able to meet us but our agency only did closed adoptions.
You are right about loving your baby no matter how she became yours. We have 3 sons, one of whom is adopted and we adore ALL of them as we know how precious each of them are. I guarantee you that if you had given birth to Lily, you wouldnt love her any more than you do now but I also guarantee that every day you will love her more and more.
Congratulations again!
I too would be interested in your agency info. beagleblogger@gmail.com
oh she is just beautiful and I am so happy for the Happiness I feel pouring out this post. It has given me renewed hope and faith.
I'd love some info on the agency (I'll keep it for a "rainy day" )
kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net
*hugs to you all*
I would love the information about your agency also!
Liverpoolteach@yahoo.com
What a great journey and positive story! We are on the approved and waiting list with a local agency. But would love to hear about your agency and their process.
Email is khwurst@hotmail.com
Post a Comment