I've gotten a few emails over the course of my blog about my title and where it comes from. When we started our adoption journey, my Nana (the world's sweetest woman....and the best cook!) sent me this poem:
Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it
- Fleur Conkling Heylinger
It may sound silly, but I get the chills every single time I read it. The "pregnancy" tends to be a bit longer. The labor is a different kind of pain, but still as intense. And I feel with my entire being that Lily grew in my heart as I prayed for her and waited for her to come home.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
My blog's title
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
awwwww that totally gave me chills! I always figured that was what your title meant, but how cool to know the whole story! thanks for sharing.
ps two posts 2 days in a row! you crazy blog lady :-)
That's beautiful.
Love love love that poem!!! I'm printing it out for Sweet Pea.
I love that your little one grew in your heart. :) I've heard several adoptive moms use that phrase and it makes me so happy to know they loved their children before they knew who they were or where they were coming from.
That is absolutely beautiful. I know for all of us that are still waiting for our little one, they are slowly growing in our heart and there is going to be so much love for them when they arrive.
That is a great poem!! I love it!!
P.S....I don't like to hear that Lilly was a good sleeper and then quit...makes me scared Ava will stop sleeping thorugh the night! lol!!
Beautiful!
love it, love it...while I had heard that quote before, hearing from someone who is using it to build her family is so beautiful. :)
Post a Comment