Mel posted today about this upcoming call for guests to be on Tyra Banks' upcoming show called "Mom Wannabe." I am beyond sickened by this:
DO YOU KNOW A WOMAN OBSESSED WITH BECOMING PREGNANT?
Do you know a woman who is obsessed with becoming a mom? Have you seen and heard her struggle for years, felt her unvoiced jealously and seen her desperation first hand? Have you watched silently for too long as she gets her hopes up only to be disappointed and heartbroken when she can’t conceive? Has she tried extreme methods and spent a lot of money to get pregnant with no luck? Do you want to finally tell her she needs to stop the emotional and physical stress on her body and seriously consider adoption or a surrogate alternative? If you know a woman who is obsessed with becoming a mom and getting pregnant, then SUBMIT BELOW. (source: http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/beontheshow/mom_wannabe.html)
Are you kidding me? "unvoiced jealousy?" How dare anyone try to tell any woman who has experienced infertility that she needs to "stop the emotional...stress on her body?" This is appalling. I filled out the submission form, and I have no idea if anyone will read it, but there was no way I could let this go without saying something. Is there anything else that can be done? Contacting Warner Bros. maybe? If anyone comes up with anything, keep me in the loop. This is just disgusting.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
"Mom Wannabe"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That IS appalling! How dare someone act as if they know how that feels. That makes me angry.
That is DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!! I am so angry reading that!!! I will definately try to find a way to voice my opinion!!! Horrible!!!
Many people are just doing what I did and filling out the comment form on her website. I've posted this on the adoption boards I visit and on the Nest's TTC, Trouble TTC, and adoption boards. It's so disgusting.
Pisses me off! It's just further proof that anyone who hasn't been through infertility doesn't have a clue. A-holes! I will also share my opinion with them.
It really is disgusting.
Would they use other diseases in similar shows...."Do you know someone with diabetes who wishes they could have some cake and eat it too? Have you sensed their unvoiced jealousy at holiday time...."
I think not!! Insanity.
I wrote "How dare you...do any of you have any idea what people have to go through to become mothers? This is like fighting a cancer and you are making fun of it? Making light of it? How dare any of you take this and twist it around your showmanship little fingers....why don't you do a show on the wackos who are against adoption - the "anti-adopters"....there's a freak show for you but I warn you ---if you have this infertility show - you are going to really stab a lot of your viewers in the back.....not good for ratings!"
OOOOOHHH this makes me so mad---a bunch of 20 something year old guys came up with this I bet.....
It's so Tyra tho. We used to watch her Top Model show because my cousin wrote for it. After he left I could not stomach her insatiable need to get the girls to cry so that she could appear so caring and wise as she consoled them. On one dry season she got one crying over PSORIASIS like it was cancer!!
Tyra is a piece of work. It is a shame that she hurts people in her endless quest for melodrama.
Post a Comment