Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bad, bad mommy!!

So, we're all sick again. It's like the three of us are just passing the same cold around and around. It's nuts and I am so sick of sick! I had a terrible bad mommy moment yesterday. I was laying on the floor in Lily's room trying to maintain semi-consciousness while Lily played with her blocks and climbed all over me. Well, I had my eyes shut and she crawled over to her dresser, pulled the drawer open and then slammed it WITH her little thumb inside. I felt so terrible. It pinched the skin on her thumb, but not the nail, and she cried but only for a second. Our trick to stopping her crying is to show her herself in the mirror. She smiles and giggles immediately. I swear, this girl can pick herself out of a picture of fifty people. She LOVES to look at herself. Anyway, her thumb is fine - there's barely a mark today, but man, I still feel bad. It's so hard to keep up with her when all I want to do is crawl into bed and be sick. Where's Mary Poppins when you need her?

10 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, I know! When you're sick it just feels like you can't do ANYTHING with them!!

Don't feel too bad about the thumb...today I think I may have burned Ethan's little leg on some popcorn! I didn't see it happen, but he yelled like it did...no marks, but still, I felt so awful!

Ava is a sucker for herself in the mirror, too. lol! GIRLS!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

It's torture to have to take care of someone when you need to be taken care of yourself.

Hope your household is on the mend soon.

Rachel said...

Get better soon!

Melissa :) said...

Ugh. Yuck. There is nothing worse than being sick & feeling as if you are never improving. :( Hopefully with spring coming you guys can kick this! :)

Poor Miss Lil. Don't beat yourself up. It's going to happen at least 10 more times. lol :)


I really do strive to be an encourager. lol!! :)

hope548 said...

Have you tried a spoonful of sugar?

Hope you feel better soon?

TeamWinks said...

It's almost as if they know when you are at your weakest. Unfortunately, I think we are up to around twenty pinched fingers.

Esther Noelle said...

Ugh, yes, what is with all this sickness!!?? I'm so sorry to hear it's still going around your house and that you yourself have caught it! And oh gosh, I'm so scared of Robby pinching his fingers in drawers! It's happened once or twice - it's impossible to keep your eye on them every single second! Don't be too hard on yourself - you're a great mom!

Rachel said...

You are NOT a bad mommy! Things happen!

The other day I walked in my kitchen (after being gone a SECOND) and my 20 month old nephew was STANDING on my table! Then proceeded to walk happily towards me RIGHT off the table... thankfully I caught him before he hit the ground and he loved the "game".

Kids are BOUND to get hurt, weather you're sick or not :-)

Take care of yourself!!

Mommy said...

No you are NOT a bad mommy!! She's getting older and she will get hurt...I've realized that it cannot be avoided. Jayden has fell into the coffee table and chipped his tooth, fell flat on his face on the concrete, and just last week he fell off of his ride in car and I was standing right beside him each time these things happened :( Take care of yourself (((HUGS)))

Missy said...

Oh, honey. Did you read about my bad mommy moment the other day, when I held Ike up and just let him drop face forward like an idiot?

Thank God they're made of rubber.