Thursday, April 17, 2008

Attack of the Monstrous Baby

Teething is a you know what. Really. Lily is getting her two top incisors in right now, and it is horrible. She's been running a slight fever, rubbing her face all over the carpet or my shoulder, fussing, and sleeping so much. She is just not her little self; she's a totally fussy girl all day long. We called the doctor because I was worried it may be more than just teething, but he said it's textbook teething. Yee Haw. :)


Look at this sad baby:



The only good thing about it is that she lets me hold and snuggle her again. So, I'll just focus on that and enjoy it while I can until she's off like a crazy woman again. :) Her grumpiness is beckoning (SCREAMING) from her crib, so I must run:)


12 comments:

Lisa said...

I have to know...what do you use on her hair? Because she has the shiniest, most beautiful curls. I think Olivia's hair is going to be something like this, but right now it's mostly frizzy (the little bit she has on top of her head). It is LONG but in tight curls, and after a few days it is just a frizz fest.

katd said...

I just commented back to you, Elizabeth, but I have to say the hair is a battle. And it means the world to me that you think it looks good! :) We use Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo for curly hair every other day and condition daily with Pantene's leave in condition for "women of color." I love it!

Lani said...

Poor Lily! I feel your pain, and so does Izzy. She has the top 4 teeth coming in, top two have popped and she is working on the other two.

Jess said...

I love her hair, too. It looks fantastic. So shiny and perfectly curled!!

"For women of color" lmao...does it really say that? :)

I'm sorry she's been grumpy. Teething is a hooch and a half.

Take advantage of those snuggles, though!!

mamadiva said...

We are also right in the middle of teething and the top ones just seem to be so much worse for us than the bottom ones! Good luck and enjoy those snuggles!

beagle said...

I think it is a cruel bit of nature that babies literally have to "cut" through their gums to grow teeth! Poor Lily! (Poor Mommy!)

And yes, gorgeous, gorgeous curls!

Michelle said...

I noticed the striking curls as well--gorgeous!

Hang in there with the teething--have you tried Hyland's teething tablets?? They are little miracle pills in my book. Seriously worked wonders for MAM!

Anonymous said...

Teething bites. How is that for a pun!

I might just have to try the Pantene - just because her curls are perfect and mine need some help!

TeamWinks said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Motrin, teething tables, orajel...then, Tylenol....wait....repeat. We've also had luck with frozen peach slices.

We've got the curly hair fun over here too. It's work, that's for sure! Her curls are stunning. Excellent work Kat!

Stilla Momma said...

2 things I notice about this pic...

your IMMACULATE FLOOR...go girl

and that great hair! :)
Teething is a trip, but I love the snuggle too! Alayna runs from me when she's not teething now

Jessica White said...

Poor Lily: Teething is no fun!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I just wanted to tell you how much it means to me to hear someone say they enjoy my writing :-)

Esther Noelle said...

Poor girl! She has beautiful curly hair!!! I hope those teeth come through quickly and she gets a break from the pain!!