WHAT?? Call me naive or even uneducated, but I had no idea we could experience an earthquake like the one we felt early this morning here in the midwest! It was crazy! Our whole house literally shook. I could hear the doors rattling and all the neighbors dogs barking. And now we've just now experienced an aftershock. I feel like I'm in California or something. But without the beach. And vineyards. :) There are no reports of injuries or any big damage, but my goodness! What a way to wake up! I know all of you in earthquake prone areas are laughing at me, but it was a big deal for us:)
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Awww, MAN! If you're going to have to have earthquakes, you really should get beaches and vineyards, too.
Glad you are all OK.
Holy cow! Did you guys have any damage to your home? At least no one was hurt. I definitely second the need for the beach/vineyards if you're going to get the earthquakes.
How did Lily take it?
I don't think we got it here! We had a small one when I was little once and it was crazy. We thought someone was in the house because earthquakes NEVER happen here!!
I've been told one of the worst earthquakes ever was in the midwest. There is a huge fault line there.
I live in an earthquake zone but we rarely feel them so I understand your shock. I am always a tad un-nerved when we get one big enough for me to actually feel.
Glad everyone is ok.
Glad everyone's ok!
Goodness girl! Glad you are all OK! The only time I have ever felt one, I was in California when I was a little girl. It was so scary! I hope I never experience that again!
Laurie
I am so glad you are all ok!
Hey, that sure sounds scary to me! Glad you're ok!!!
It woke us up here in MO. I guess MO had an aftershock but I was already on a flight for the day. Glad to hear that you all are alright.
That's pretty scary! I'm glad you're okay.
will felt it but i was asleep. we didn't get any damage either. i never thought we'd get an earthquake! crazy.
It shook us out of deep sleep. I was freaked, but my husband just said "it was an earthquake, go back to sleep." WHAT!? How is that supposed to be the right thing to do?
Post a Comment