Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lily + Swings = LOVE :)







And imagine hearing great big belly laughs:) This is what life is all about.
I thought for sure she'd be a little scared. For some reason, she's really sensitive and scares easily. We try really praise her when she's "brave" (if a one year old can be brave), and I was going nuts at the park. I'm thinking really this is part of why she's not walking yet. She's really nervous about falling down. It's funny how their personalities really show so early, isn't it? A big part of the not walking, too, is that she's SOOOO laid back and easy going. She has no drive to do it, so she just crawls. Our doctor laughs about it, so I'm not worried. Reassure me and tell me there are lots of other 13 month olds still content to crawl about. :)






15 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I LOVE those belly laughs.

One thing I wish I'd paid more attention to at that age: tummy time.

The OT at the school says they are seeing a rash of kids lacking fine motor skills because they never strengthened their shoulder girdle with all that back sleeping.

Unsolicited assvice -- sorry!

Lily is a doll!

~M~ said...

What fun pictures! I just rediscovered your blog & have been catching up on the last few months. Thank you for sharing your story - it's a great read.

Anonymous said...

She is precious. I swear Lily looks like I did as a litte one.

My cousin-in-law's son didn't walk until 15 or 16 months, he just didn't feel the need to. Once he got going though, there was no stopping him. She will walk when she is ready to!

Rachel said...

She is so cute!

A content baby = a non-mobile baby.

Our friends daughter didn't roll over until 6 months, and didn't walk until 15 months. I agree with Lori about the back sleeping.

She move in her own time.

Missy said...

Both of my girls did not walk till they were 15 months old. Eva Rose could, she just chose not to. Which was kind of frustrating since she weighed 25 pounds and I was 9 months pregnant. Maggie - never even occurred to her to walk until she was well over a year. I mean, the thought never entered the girl's mind. Then right before Ingram was born she clued in.

Ingram is nowhere near walking yet and that is Fine. With. Me. Walking makes things a lot harder on Mom, trust me on this! When they are crawling they are a little more under your control.

Missy said...

PS - regarding tummy time - all three of my late walkers have been tummy sleepers. Shepherd, my only back sleeper, walked right at his first birthday. So, there you go. They walk when they want to.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! They really took me back to last summer when J was in love with the swing at the local park.

And, don't worry about the walking. I was all panicky when J wasn't walking at 12 months...so when he hit 13, I was really worried, even though I know that it's not odd for kids to wait longer than that and be perfectly fine teens and adults. She'll do it when she wants to, and you'll look back at these crawling months wistfully for a while!

Jess said...

yep, that's the best!! She sounds like ava...no drive to walk!! They'll do it eventually!!

Melba said...

Oh the belly laughs in the swing are contagious...how very sweet! As for the walking, the baby girl I've cared for over the past couple of years walked at just over 14 months. She too is a laid back girl who is pretty content to "just be," so she did it when she was ready. Try giving her some incentives, like make learning to walk a game between mommy and daddy. I certainly wouldn't worry yet, esp. if the dr. is OK with where she is and she's happy!

Melba

LL said...

Belly laughs. What joy it must bring to your when you hear them!

My niece took forever and a day to walk...she got around so well crawling, i think she thought...why bother?

Rich Angie said...

So cute!!

DC said...

Glad I found your blog. Lily is adorable!!

I'm struggling with infertility and am in the early stages of adoption. I just started my blog a few days aho, and have found it to be very cathartic. If you get a moment, please stop by and check it out.

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

I'm bookmarking your page so I can check in for updates. Hope we can keep in touch! :)

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's having fun! It kills me how big she's getting. I have no advice or anything else about the walking.

Kir said...

BELLY LAUGHS, I cannot wait. I'd love to hear Lily's :)

she is just so flippin cute!!!!

Rachel said...

She is SOOOOOO precious!!!